HD admin , hackers get owner powers

hi dev forum members , i have a game in my group which has HD admin in it and a very weird thing has been happening quite often with my game that people get banned (i got banned too once) and random people get the owner power in the hd admin . is there any way to prevent these hackers ?

10 Likes

I think probably one of your moderators gave someone admin.

1 Like

Try making the security of your game better

2 Likes

nope no one did they werent even ingame when i got banned and some hackers even had exploits after i removed hd admin and shut down all servers

1 Like

i am not a scripter but i am tryin to find ways to make it safer … you have any ideas ?

I think you shouldn’t use HD admin where is it useful for? You get useless powers the only powers that are useful is banning and kicking. Find a programmer to program you a secure and safe banning/kicking system.

4 Likes

Not at the moment unfortunatly

1 Like

oh ok thank you ill use the advice

1 Like

You should simply get rid of whats giving them powers that being HD admin then you should implement your own kick/ban system on the server and encrypting the data on the client. See how in my video here

2 Likes

I know of this problem. My friend told me about an exploit which you buy for 20 bucks and you get admin in games. I’m not sure which ones, but he said he had auto-rob in Jailbreak, and aimbot in any fps games. The best way to prevent them is to add some anti-admin script or something, idk i’m new to scripting

1 Like

And I know some of you are laughing but just watch it I am talking about Hashing to not confuse the less experienced people

2 Likes

Auto Rob and Aimbot aren’t admin related.
If anything he probably has a backdoor in his game.

2 Likes

Also AFAIK hashing only delays them but eventually they can bypass it.

1 Like

oh ok so i get that this issue is common nowdays i was kinda worried i was being targetted

well, what kind of game is it?

But Its absolutely impossible to give yourself the owner powers on hd admin with even exploit because exploits cant run serversided scripts and hd admin owner rank script is one of server sided scripts. So i think the problem is it might be your devs or mods or scripter. If not all of them then theres prob virus or backdoor in your game that does something to give hacker owner perms. Thats all i can do to help you out here.

Encrypting data on the client is bad advice. Encrypting your remotes only slightly obscures the information you send to the server. It gives people a false sense of security. Any exploiter with basic knowledge of how things work will figure out how you are encrypting your remotes.

Do not encrypt your remotes. Make your server more secure with more server-side checks.
Here’s a basic explanation of how you can secure your server.

2 Likes

Actually hashing prevents hacking completly with input based systems, but maybe I dont know something. Could you elaborate?

To add on I am hashing not encrypting, which makes it so they cant decrypt rather only compare

Hashing or not, It’s a waste of memory.
It’s more a less called a key system where you verify a client key with a server key. Hashing those values are more a less useless as you could do the same with httpservice generate guid, Aside from that a hacker could simply yoink that “hashed key” and use it for themselfs.

2 Likes