Head animations are not working in some experiences

Normal Animation:

Bugged Animation:

This appears to be occurring with all Animation Packs in a few experiences only. Here are a few of the experiences affected:

The test server for my game (which is an identical copy of my game, but published to a different experience) does not have this issue at all. It’s happening to select experiences only for some reason

This issue first started in the evening of the 3rd of May

8 Likes

Thanks for the report! We’ll follow up when we have an update for you.

9 Likes

More info: This bug appears to be happening in experiences that have the Voice Chat Dynamic Head Mouth Movement feature enabled in them.

The place ids listed in the DFFlagFacialAnimationStreaming2_PlaceFilter FFlag are affected

(this mouth movement feature):

4 Likes

Hi there,

Just wondering if there are any updates on this bug?

If it is going to take a while to fix, then can you please remove my game (7041939546) from the FFlag above? A LOT of my players are complaining to me about these bugged animations (especially since my game is an Avatar Editor experience). You guys can feel free to re-add it after the bug gets fixed

Thank you

1 Like

This happens because of the Dinamic Heads. the same thing happened to me a long time ago. the recommendation I give you is to check the rigs of your characters (if you have any), if not, make new animations and modify the local animate script.

1 Like

Having the same problems with a social game, players aren’t very happy and it broke the VR system we use.

(causing players to keep sliding backwards, started happening 3rd of May. Using Nexus VR)

Game: https://www.roblox.com/games/6218169544/Korblox-Headless-Hangout

If somebody could remove it from the FFlag that would be nice! :slight_smile:
It’s a nice feature, but it ends up breaking a few other features for our players.

3 Likes

Same! We use Nexus VR in our game too, and everyone is complaining that it is broken (because of this head bug)

3 Likes

Hi @ItsMuneeeb Thanks for reporting the bug. We have a fix in the works and will send an update on when it will be available.

5 Likes

Finally fixed now across all affected games as far as I know. Nice!

edit: vr in some games is still an issue (such as Korblox & Headless) but the animations are working.

2 Likes

Hi! The head bug is fixed in our game, although our VR System is still broken? This seems to be an additional problem to this beta (only games within this beta have problems with Nexus VR). @ItsMuneeeb was removed from the beta (Catalog Avatar Creator) and his VR System (the same as ours) has been fixed.

Our players really want VR fixed and we get at least one or more players complaining every day.
VR System we use: Nexus VR – problem happens in only games with Facial Animation Streaming Beta FFlag.

We’re unsure what causes the problem, though we’d like to be removed from the beta (Korblox & Headless Hangout) until this problem has been fixed by either the Facial Animation team or the maintainer of Nexus VR.

Game: 🚤 Korblox & Headless Hangout - Roblox

Thanks!

2 Likes

Hi @devaleporbet We have recently made some improvements. Please let us know if your VR system is still broken.

2 Likes

The issue is now resolved with the latest version of the Nexus VR package.

1 Like