Head collision turned off

Quick question, I’m trying to turn off the collision of my player’s heads (because they bump into everything and cause quite a bunch of collision issues). Is there a way to permanently or continuously have the Head’s .CanCollide property set to false ?

1 Like

It’s forced to be non-CanCollide by the engine AFAIK. I get around this by setting the Head’s CanCollide property continuously to false client-side on Stepped (runs right before physics).

It’s a pretty big hack, but there’s not really any other way to do it without a custom character.

3 Likes

Do PhysicsService collision groups not work on the head? Theoretically you could create a new collision group for only heads that has collisions between the head group and the default group disabled.

1 Like

I wish this wasn’t the case. It makes it inconvenient to need a hacky way of doing this.

I can confirm that setting the CollisionGroup of the character’s head to anything that doesn’t collide with the Default collision group works.

6 Likes

I should add, by the way, that things that can’t collide with Default can’t be hit by any raycasts either.

For my game, I set the collision group of my character locally so that the server and other players can still hit me.

1 Like

What’s the name of the default collision group?

“Default”

Instead of creating collision groups manually, I’d recommend using a plugin: https://www.roblox.com/library/826049158/Collision-Group-Editor

1 Like