Headless Owners - Group Information

~ HEADLESS OWNERS ~

Hey! Welcome to our headless group! :jack_o_lantern: :racehorse:

We are the largest active, public headless group on Roblox!* Also the fastest growing!

Thanks for stopping by and reading this! It is very important to read this if you need to know about the ranking system, or just general things.

Our group has been constantly growing since its creation on 2020-10-07T04:00:00Z!

Found this post somewhere other than from the group and don’t know what the group is?
Here’s a link to it:

Don’t know what “Headless” is?

Created 2013-10-31T05:00:00Z along with the Headless Horseman Bundle, Headless is a Roblox head asset that makes your head “disappear”. It basically gets rid of your head. The reason it’s so popular is because it causes all accessories on the head to float, as the accessories are treated as if there’s a head. Headless Horseman reappears every year around halloween in October at the price of 31 thousand Robux. (31,000 / [EU]: 31.000). The only exception to the October release dates is 2023-09-15T04:00:00Z, which is currently the only year it has released before October.

Here’s a link to the bundle if you’d like to check it out for yourself:
:arrow_down:

A little more information;

headless is also known for having the headless horseman pumpkin gear, named on Roblox as “Headless Horseman’s New Head”.

This is a less popular item, some people who own headless like to equip this gear on their avatars along with their headless head. However, there are people who buy headless just for the pumpkin. The most common reason for this is that they don’t want to wear headless itself because: either they don’t like headless, they want to show off a face as well, or headless doesn’t fit well with their outfit. These type of people usually prefer to show off headless horseman through the gear instead.

Guidelines:

:warning: IMPORTANT! Please keep the group wall appropriate. We want the group wall to be clean and orderly. Thousands of people will see your group wall messages, so following these guidelines is very important.
Below is guidelines we would like you to follow:
[ UPDATED 2023-10-15T04:00:00Z ]

• 1. No toxicity is allowed

• 2. No spamming, obviously no scamming

• 3. Do not target others on the wall

• 4. No links, period.

• 5. No self-advertising or advertising other users, or their assets

• 6. Please don’t be repetitive, it makes a really boring experience for readers (Things like making a specific topic too long, or repeating a joke someone else has said in your own words). An exception to this is message chains repeated by different users. If the same user is chain-messaging, that is considered spamming

• 7. Please don’t use the group wall for ranting. You are allowed to complain, but we don’t want the wall filled with essays on why you don’t like certain things

• 8. Keep the wall positive. Negativity creates an unwelcoming environment

• 9. People with higher roles than Headless Owners must still abide by all rules listed here! Also, please do not ask for rank-ups on the group wall. They are only given out by my choice

• 10. Do not target new-generation headless owners, everyone was a new-generation owner at some point. I made this a separate rule because new-generation headless owners are generally frowned upon by older owners. Always make sure to treat all owners with respect!

• 11. It’s okay not to be serious, please do not take offense to anything, as a lot of the things are said as a joke. This is very important to understand!

• 12. Please do not complain about fake headless assets. I know it’s frustrating, but there’s nothing we can do about it. This is also said here because it is commonly talked about on the group wall

• 13. Last, and final rule. This is very much important, and perhaps the most important rule. Follow Roblox’s guidelines

Depending on the severity, the following actions could be done:

• SEVERITY 1: [ :exclamation:]
    Your message will be deleted. This is a low level severity. Depending on the amount of continuation, the severity will be escalated and the second action will be done.
  • SEVERITY 2: [:exclamation: :exclamation:]
    All your messages will be deleted and you’ll be exiled from the group.

REMEMBER, these are only guidelines! You will not be punished for absolutely everything you do that is against what is listed here! Rules here are very much flexible, obviously to an extent though. It is however highly recommended to follow these guidelines. ALWAYS remember to enjoy yourself here!!

Looking for a rank?

In order to be ranked as “:jack_o_lantern::racehorse: Headless Owner” you need to own the headless bundle and keep your inventory public. Otherwise, you will be defaulted to the rank “:jack_o_lantern::wave: Headless Fan”.

Unfortunately, if you are not able to make your inventory public, I cannot do anything about that. It would be far too much work on my end to manually rank people with private inventories.

If you are joining this group because you own a fake headless (the majority are UGC bundles), unfortunately we don’t have a rank for you, so you’ll also be defaulted to the rank “:jack_o_lantern::wave: Headless Fan”.

Haven’t been ranked, or just defaulted to “:jack_o_lantern::wave: Headless Fan”? Here’s the potential reasons:

• [1] :diamond_shape_with_a_dot_inside: You don’t own headless
    • [2] :diamond_shape_with_a_dot_inside: Your headless is not legitimate
  • [3] :diamond_shape_with_a_dot_inside: Your inventory is private
    • [4] :diamond_shape_with_a_dot_inside: The bot hasn’t checked your inventory yet
  • [5] :diamond_shape_with_a_dot_inside: Your rank is not up-to-date

If your rank needs an update, simply just rejoin the group. The bot will automatically scan your profile and rank you. Make sure your inventory is public or you’ll be defaulted to the fan rank!

About “:jack_o_lantern::label: Headless Glitch Buyer” Role

Created 2023-11-15T05:00:00Z, this role was given out to users who joined our group during the free headless incident that occurred the same day this role was created.
The incident occurred at 3 PM EST on this date, and during this time, headless was on-sale from anywhere between 15 minutes to around 1 hour. The actual time period that this happened for is unknown.

This role is dedicated to the people who have managed to take advantage of this incident and were lucky enough to obtain the headless horseman while it was free; they were lucky enough to obtain the role during the right time-frame as well.

As of today (2023-11-16T05:00:00Z), some people still have the pumpkin gear, but that is not to worry about, as we rank based on the ownership of the bundle, not the gear that comes with it.

Note that this role has discontinued being given out since the day after the incident, and it is no-longer obtainable.

People with this role will have it forever, and if they happen to leave at one point, they will earn the role back as soon as they join again.

users who are whitelisted (also for my own notation):

Those who have managed to secure a role in Headless Glitch Buyer are a part of history, and this is why I feel it’s important to give the users the spotlight they have. This may be a very infamous event that will be told years down the line. To the 10 people who have this role, you are very lucky.

About “:jack_o_lantern::beetle: Glitched Headless” Role

Created 2023-04-13T04:00:00Z, this role was given out to users who managed to equip headless without having it in their “Currently Wearing”. This role was given out during a time I used to manually rank people. Because I switched to a rank-bot, this is a legacy role and has been discontinued since the creation of the rank-bot.

The rank bot knows if the user has it even if they glitch their Currently Wearing, so I decided to discontinue the availability of the role 2023-09-10T04:00:00Z.

All current users in the role will be in there forever. These people managed to have their headless glitched at the right time, earning them this rank.

users who are whitelisted (also for my own notation):

These people are OG’s and have been around before the role was removed from its availability. All people who have this role own the Headless Horseman bundle, hence the reason the glitch works. These accounts will always have access to this role, even if they rejoin the group.

About “:busts_in_silhouette::racehorse: Horseman Pal” Role

Created 2023-09-12T04:00:00Z, this role was made to dedicate to friends and people I think are cool. Users are hand-picked by me to obtain the role, and it is not given out to people upon their request. I decide who gets this role. Asking for this role will not give you it.

People in this role do not need to own the Headless Horseman bundle to earn their rank. Users in this role have permission to post on the group wall.

About “:star2::racehorse: Notable Horseman” Role

Created 2023-10-13T04:00:00Z, this role was created and is used only for the people who I think are popular enough to earn this role. People like Youtubers, social media influencers, popular developers, or just well known people in general may be given this role.

People in this role do not need to own the Headless Horseman bundle to earn their rank, they just need to meet my standards as a well-known person. Users in this role have permission to post on the group wall.

Other Information

Group-Specific Trivia:

(In article title style for some extra fun!)

1:

:newspaper: | Headless Owners Actually Wasn’t Supposed to be Popular? Find out the Reason Here:

{ CLICK TO READ }
  • The ~ Headless Owners ~ group was originally supposed to be a group for just me an my friends, so I never advertised it until recently (to compete with another group out of spite for their inactivity). The group grew almost entirely from natural growth! (There were Roblox site ads at one point but they only gained the group a couple hundred members)

2:

:newspaper_roll: | The Bot Wasn’t Always the Answer to Ranking. A Different Method was Once the Best Method… Read here:

{ CLICK TO READ }
  • For nearly a year, I’ve been manually ranking people in the group. I, @GuyAwesomest alone, have ranked over 6 thousand members before creating a bot! No other person has ever ranked people!

The reason I had this as my main method for so long was because I never knew how to get myself a working group bot for this group without having members joining games for rank-up. I have since found a friend that was able to help me start one up!

3:

:newspaper: | Was there a Good Reason for the Group Bot’s Existence? Find out Here:

{ CLICK TO READ }
  • The reason the bot has been created is because of fake UGC headless owners. This made manual ranking for me practically impossible without viewing everyone’s profiles. I have planned on having a bot, but what pushed me to create it was this very issue. I would’ve had to otherwise spend hours on-end just to rank around a couple hundred people if I kept the ranking to manual.

:newspaper_roll: | The Context Behind a Weird T-Shirt and its Icon… It may not be What you Think… Read Here:

{ CLICK TO READ }
  • The T-shirt icon for the donations (example) is from a server I made on Discord using goofy acronyms for normal sounding titles. There was a bunch of them, and to name one: “Emojis Wow!” was the first server. The other servers were linked and had similar words that started with “W”. I thought it’d be funny to use the image on the T-Shirt without context. :smile:

I made the shirt before I started using a rank bot. It was used to encourage me to rank when I was ranking manually, in order to give me that extra push. It was only useful for a little while. It’s still up for the people who feel like supporting, and for the jokes!

:newspaper: | Shirt Taken Down Due to Serious Copyright Infringement… Find out Here:

{ CLICK TO READ }
  • There used to be a Spongebob shirt in the group store before it was taken down… For good, and obvious reasons! :laughing: *cough cough* copyright infringement *cough cough*

:newspaper_roll: | Another Shirt Taken Down Due to TOS Violation… Could it Have Been up too Long? Read Here:

{ CLICK TO READ }
  • There used to be a “Headless Blood” shirt which was meaning to be taken down years ago, but only got moderated very recently due to obvious circumstances: It having blood. People have been understandably upset about it, but it was technically against TOS, so Roblox is not in the wrong for taking it down. I am okay with their decision and I’m grateful for the amount that I have earned from it, as it was way more than I deserved considering its rule-breaking aspects. Lesson learned though! :laughing:

:newspaper: | The Group Bot has a Very Strange ending in its Display Name. Here’s why:

{ CLICK TO READ }
  • The group bot account I use is my only group bot account! It’s used for one of my other groups. Whenever I’ll need a bot for any new group, this bot account will be used for them.

:newspaper_roll: | “:jack_o_lantern::beetle: Glitched Headless” Role wasn’t Just for 4 People. Find out why Here:

{ CLICK TO READ }
  • There was actually a 5th user in the “:jack_o_lantern::beetle: Glitched Headless” role, but they have since left the group. Unfortunately, they have left the group long before I could find their user for the role whitelist I created here. Because of that, they no-longer have access to the role.

:newspaper: | The Group About Page Suddenly Gets Moderated Twice in a Row, Second Time More Serious, Find out What Happened Here:

{ CLICK TO READ }
  • The group about section has been moderated twice due to an error on Roblox’s end. Fortunately I had my appeals accepted to give me the ability to write the message on the group about section again. What kept getting falsely moderated was the link to this very DevForum post. The first moderation action was a warning and a deletion of the group about, and the second action was a 1 day ban. Fortunately I sent appeals and they were accepted. More on that below. :point_down:

• I appealed both of the moderation actions for 2 reasons (technically 3 considering the second reason): 1, to keep my moderation history clean; and 2, to prevent my group from once again going through the same moderation action, which they mentioned in the response to my appeal, they are using my appeal as a piece of research to further improve their auto-moderation system. Hopefully that’ll mean less of these types of issues. :pray:

:newspaper_roll: | Competitor Causes Potential Trouble for Headless Owners Growth, so we did Something About it! Find out Here:

{ CLICK TO READ }
  • There was a point where I have made an advertisement for the group, and only the newest members, ones that have come from these ads, are aware of them. The ad consists of text saying “Do you own this?” while pointing down to an image of the headless horseman bundle. The ad I’ve created isn’t funded very much, but it is to get more people aware of our group, since it’s very active. :fire: This ad has been made to compete with a group whose owner as well as their rankers hasn’t ranked people in over 2 years. Crazy, I know. I will not mention the group’s name, but common knowledge is that it grows despite its wildly inactive owner and rankers.

:newspaper: | Special Ranked Account Gets Deleted, Other Special Ranked Account Abandons Group. Find out More Here:

{ CLICK TO READ }

There used to be 12 people ranked in “:jack_o_lantern::label: Headless Glitch Buyer” role. It has since been dropped down to 10 as of 2024-02-06T05:00:00Z.

Two members of the “:jack_o_lantern::label: Headless Glitch Buyer” have left the role. The first account was found out to be banned from Roblox, so their rank was removed. The other has since left the group months ago, with no return. They have lost their whitelist due to lack of response.

FAQ

{❓1 }: Why is there donation shirts on the group wall?

Answer (1):

I don’t make much money off the group, so I put up the shirt for you to support the group. Donating is suggested, but of course, completely optional!

{❓2 }: Why can't I chat on the group wall?

Answer (2):

This is on purpose. It is simply to give more of an incentive for Headless Owners to join the group. Otherwise there’s no benefit other than a role. This is basically a way to show off your role to non-owners and a way to have owners be able to interact with other owners without the uneccessary spam. Only Headless owners can chat on the group wall.

{❓3 }: Why is the group information in this post on the Developer Forum?

Answer (3):

It’s because I can put much more information for the group without having to deal with the 1000 character limit. The limit is very small and a lot of information can be missing with such a limit.
It’s also to keep all information in one place and away from being hidden under the “Read More” button.

{❓4 }: Is the rank bot working? It hasn't ranked me today.

Answer (4):

The bot only runs when my computer is booted, so when I’m off, the bot is not functional. I may work on a fix for that in the future, but for now, all you have to do is stay in the group for at least a day for a guarantee rank. If you’re not ranked immediately, it’s likely that it’s nighttime for me. If the rank bot is actually not working though, it would be mentioned on the group shout / wall.

{❓5 }: What's the deal with the "Hangout" game on the group page?

Answer (5):

This is a game I decided to make to bring our community closer together. As of right now (2023-10-14T04:00:00Z), the game doesn’t have anything functional in it yet. Plans are to make the place more interesting to visit, and to make it more interactive.

I would like to monetize it, but not by much, as I am trying to keep the group humble, as it should be. All that I am likely to put is a donation leaderboard with simple donations in a menu (maybe with in-game fun benefits), but that’s all it’ll have.

The reason I want to monetize the group is because I run a bot that actually costs money to run via the paid proxies it uses. I don’t pay much for the yearly subscription I have, but I want to be able to make the money back as much as I can, so I don’t have to eat into my money just to keep on-top of ranking.

*For clarity of what this means, we’re the largest public group in terms of our headless owner count, not member count. By public, we mean anyone can join, even people who don’t own headless. This doesn’t include private headless groups. By active, we mean that ranking is still consistently and actively being done. Other groups haven’t ranked anyone in a while. This is written here to avoid confusion.

2 Likes