Heavy lag when resizing parts for everyone in team create

Hello,

We are experiencing an issue on Roblox Studio where when you resize any Part or MeshPart it lags really bad for the person doing it, and everyone else in the team create session. This happens on any part, brand new or old. It does not happen on things inside a Model. Most team create users are on the newest studio version.

Expected behavior

The part should resize without lag.

11 Likes

Hey @chickenputty ,

Did this start when you added a certain part/mesh? How recent is this issue?

5 Likes

It happened after we added a MeshPart with Bones (for an animation with mesh deformation). We delete it, and the problem is “fixed”. However, we need to keep this in the game for our new update, so we cannot keep it deleted.

3 Likes

Specifically, it happens when ModuleScript has the children of a MeshPart with the children of Bone (with bones inside the bones). If the MeshPart is in a model within the ModuleScript, it is fine.

2 Likes

We can work around this for now by keeping it in ServerStorage, no need to rush a fix before the holidays.

3 Likes

Could you check if Studio lags on local Studio as well once you add this part? with Team Create off

1 Like

Yes, it does. I downloaded an offline copy and was able to reproduce.

3 Likes

Seems to happen when the MeshPart is parented to Workspace too. Not only ModuleScript. But, I put this MeshPart into a blank workspace and cannot reproduce there. It’s very strange.

1 Like

I accidentally made a duplicate post. It’s now completely broken even after deleting all Bones from the game. Not even in ServerStorage or ReplicatedStorage or anything. Completely deleted and the issue is persisting.

1 Like

INTERESTING NOTE:

I deleted the MeshPart that the Bone was originally inside of, and it resolves everything. Like, there is no Bone inside of the MeshPart, I’m still lagging like crazy, then I delete the MeshPart from workspace and it is smooth again.

1 Like

putting it inside of a Model 100% fixes things.

1 Like

This is a known issue that we are planning to fix, thanks for your patience. In the meantime here is a script that will find all skinned meshparts in the workspace and put them under models if they aren’t already, which should resolve the issue:

local function addSkinMeshModels(parent)
	children = parent:GetChildren()
	for _, child in children do
		if child:isA("MeshPart") then
			if child.HasSkinnedMesh then
				print(child.Name)
				model = Instance.new("Model")
				model.Name = child.Name
				model.Parent = parent
				child.Parent = model
				continue
			end
		end
		if child:isA("Model") then
			continue
		end
		addSkinMeshModels(child)
	end
end

addSkinMeshModels(game:GetService("Workspace"))