Heli Rush | Feedback |

Hi, my friend and I have been working on a game called “Heli Rush” and would like some feedback. We want to know what you all think of it and what we can change, add, or remove to improve the game!

You can offer feedback on many things such as:

• Gameplay
  • Maps design
  • Pricing
  • UI
  • Or anything else!

We have alot more planned for stuff to add such as more player and heli skills, add more stuff to the shop like gears and skins. If you find any bugs please tell us about them, as we expect to have a few.

https://www.roblox.com/games/4665519121/Heli-Rush-ALPHA?refPageId=b29c3d18-1dc1-49f0-8271-d86054a695b3

Game looks great and has a lot of potential! It reminds me a lot of the Shark Attack game, but with a helicopter. I’d say work a little bit more the GUIs and you should be good to go! If you’re also trying to get players to spend robux, add some more items or crates, crates are always a good source of income. Other than that, great game!

• Never quit
1 Like

I’d work on the UI as well as focus most of your attention to the game breaking bugs, the game was fun but the first round I played the helicopter randomly died, the second the minigun full out of the helicopter and the round reset when I had like 60 seconds. I understand its in alpha but amazing work so far

2 Likes
Shop UI Screenshot

Adding to the UI feedback, in the Shop UI, I have some suggestions:

1. Center the “32 Coins”, it’s slightly offset to the right and bugs me.
  2. Center the “+”, it’s slightly offset down and also bugs me.
  3. Consider a new font/colors for the “Pets”, “Titles”, and “Coins” buttons. I’d recommend more of a SourceSansSemiBold.
  4. On the UIGridLayout, consider centering horizontally. Notice the gap between the third item and the scrollbar, and how close the first item is to the border.
Upgrades UI Screenshot

Now, in the Upgrades UI, here’s some more feedback:

1. The button background color is not consistent with the Shop, and I prefer the darker shade that the shop uses.
  2. The buttons, due to TextScaling, have smaller text and don’t look consistent with the Shop
  3. The large gap between the two buttons (Heli Upgrades, Player Upgrades) looks very odd. Consider making them closer together, and making the grey background less wide to compensate.
  4. The slots filled text touches both ends of the background and doesn’t look great because of it.
  5. The color of the amount of upgrades you own i.e “0/7” is very red, with a thin font, and extremely dark thick border. This looks hard to read. I suggest a different color (lighter shade) for the text, with a higher TextStrokeTransparency to make the outline not such a thick jet black. Consider using the color for the Slots Filled text, or a similar shade.
  6. The “+” looks slightly offset to the left side this time around.

And some other suggestions:

1. Make it so when you open the spectating menu while in another menu, it closes the other menu. Currently, if you open the shop, then click spectate, the spectate UI opens underneath and it’s hard to tell that the button even works in this scenario. Only one UI menu should be on screen at once. This is the only case I found where this bug occurs.
  2. Make it so the UI closes once you enter a game, since you can’t open it while in the middle of a match, it shouldn’t stay open at the start of the match.
  3. Consider tweening the rotation of the UI buttons on the side of the screen. I like the effect when you hover, but it feels a little off how the rotation change is so sudden, but this is just personal preference more than anything.
  4. The timer, and “Intermission” UIs at the top of the screen are not consistent with the other UI, and feel a bit out of place.
  5. The background colors of the UI seem very dull and depressing. Again just personal preference, but I don’t like the grey/white theme for all the UIs. Not that the background should change, but perhaps the tab buttons could be a different color to help make the UI more colorful and consistent with the colorfulness of the side menu buttons (Shop, Upgrades, Spectate)
  6. Make a UI for the end of the match. When I play as the heli, I don’t know if I won, or didn’t kill them all in time because the end of the round is so sudden, and it doesn’t tell me how the outcome of the match was.
  7. I could not figure out how I’m supposed to shoot the heli, and kept spamming “1” and left-click as I was unsure which, or both perhaps, was actually making the rockets fire.
  8. The UI for purchasing Coins feels inconsistent with the rest, but looks the best in my opinion. I like the black background and everything except for the color for your coins text, the yellow is very bright and not attractive. Also, it’s weird how it’s a tab in the shop, yet it opens a separate UI. That definitely felt off to me.
  9. You can nuke the game before a round even starts, causing the nuke to land during the loading screen. Not sure if intended, but it creates a weird effect where the round starts, immediately ends, and then a new one begins almost immediately.

Most of my suggestions are UI related. I think that should be the primary focus for improvement. Gameplay is great, other than my confusion with the heli in #7 above.

Things I like:

1. Lobby/maps. I love the simplicity, and the blend of terrain/parts. The lighting is a great compliment as well. The game feels vibrant and alive. I really like the world design you guys went for. The small details like the pulsating effect on the boombox billboard makes the lobby have a great satisfying feel to it. The simplicity of map designs is nice, and the style is great too.
  2. Gameplay. I love the concept, it reminds me of how games used to be on Roblox. I genuinely had fun while playing this. It was a great experience for me personally.
  3. Sound. Not much to say here, other than it’s great.

Overall, you guys are doing a great job. The UI needs some TLC but you guys have a great concept and a great alpha product on your hands. Genuinely a fun game!

Edit: after doing the weird nuke thing, I came back to a different server to buy some stuff to support you guys. I bought boombox, then “Be Heli Next Round” a few times, but then it said I nuked the map. Very weird, as I didn’t buy that. Perhaps it was from my nuking in intermission? Not sure the cause of that bug tbh.

Edit 2: another bug just happened, a weird one too! Out of nowhere, while being the heli, this occurred:

Heli Bug

2 Likes