Help: Building a 4D animated cube (Tesseract)

Hello Roblox.
So I saw a video were there was a Tesseract: A 4th Dimension Cube. Then, I asked myself if it would be possible to reproduce That video animation on Roblox.
I also visited a tweet of @Quantum_Duck where he shows a Tesseract animation.

I made an Tesseract “following maths”: If a point is a 0D object, a line is a 1D object; then it follows a square, which is a 2D (x, y) object, then the cube (x, y, z) and the point I wanna reach, the Tesseract (x, y, z, w) a 4D object (2 Cubes). But I got lost :sweat:.

I’ll be very greated if someone helps me with this little project making an Tesseract with this animation:

Thanks for reading.

9 Likes

The Tesseract is a 4D Object of which we live in a 3D Dimension. We cannot completely replicate a 4D Object though we can come close. If you want a better understanding of dimensions, I suggest you this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6kn6nXMWF0

It explains pretty well of how the Tesseract works.

3 Likes

From what I can say is that you need a 5 by 5 stud cube. Extend it out by 5 studs but perpendicular to all existing directions. And we get a 4D Hypercube. aka Tesseract.

3 Likes

That’s all I can do. But I’m trying to make the animation shown on the video before: I use RodConstraint attached to all of the corners of both cubes, of course, I used Attachments for that. Doing that, I got something like this:
Tesseract_Mark
But I want to animate it, like this:
Tesseract
Do you, or someone else, got the script or the file of this Tesseract / Hypercube of 4Dth dimension?, Animated like before, of course.

1 Like

Do you want to create an animation of the Tesseract or the Tesseract itself?

1 Like

If you want to make a simple animation, you can just make 4 square shaped rod shapes and move them through each other. This will work, but it won’t be correct if you look around it. That image only shows the tesseract rotating around one axis. By moving around, you will be moving it in multiple axes.

You can’t avoid using 4-dimensional maths for this. You basically need to project 4 dimensions onto 3, which is your Workspace. But the concept you mention is correct. You start by interconnecting multiple vertices with rods.

In fact, visualizing a single tesseract would be around as complicated as making an entire 4D renderer, just making it more generalized. So, if you still feel like doing this, I would start with that as it would be pretty much the best example of excellent portfolio material.

2 Likes

I’m searching for the Tesseract animation (The GIF I sent before).

1 Like

I’ve searching for a long time for the code of a .lua model tesseract but I couldn’t find anything (There were Phyton codes which worked for me, but I couldn’t convert the code to .lua).
I really need help. I’ll thank someone who ease the code & the model of a tesseract which runs directly on Studio’s Workspace.
I learnt a lot about 4D space, but I didn’t reach the capacity to code a tesseract animation and I’m giving up.

1 Like

@Physical_Imaginator Try with this one! Spinning Hypercube / Tesseract Example - Roblox

2 Likes