[Help] How Do I Make Parts of a Tool Move?

1. What do you want to achieve? I would like parts of my tool to move, but I can’t figure out how to do this.
Example

This is from a game called Arsenal by ROLVe Community
Skip to 0:29:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-U2TgbSIt4
Notice the clip at the top moves from the front to the back.

1. What is the issue? I can’t seem to get it to work and can’t think of any ideas of how to get it to work

2. What solutions have you tried so far? I would try tween service, but if the player is moving while they tool is tweening, wouldn’t the positions get messed up?

Note: I am not asking for someone to write a script for me, just for someone to tell me how I should approach this.

1 Like

You could rig your gun and add an AnimationController inside of it, then animate it using an animation editor.

2 Likes

Ok. I will try that. BTW I’m not making a gun, I’m just trying to make a tool. :smile:

2 Likes

Hmmmmm… I’m trying it, but for some reason it’s not moving the part I want it to. There is a weld and a Motor6D. the weld is to the main part of the tool, and so it the Motor6D. Do you know what might be wrong?

Is this problem happening inside the animation editor or when you’re playing the animation?

Edit: A weld won’t be necessary since you’ve already got a Motor6D that joins both parts together.

The problem is happening inside the animation editor. I will try removing the weld

The weld is holding the part in position. When I delete it, the part falls, and the motor 6D doesn’t keep it in place.

What rigging plugin are you using? Usually Motor6Ds can keep parts together without the need of welds.

I don’t have a rigging plugin… I put the model inside of a Dummy and welded it together using a welding plugin. I was following this tutorial.

1 Like

Instead of rigging manually, I recommend using this plugin:

Edit: It’s offsale, nevermind. I’ll try finding another one.

It’s currently not for sale…

1 Like

Try using this: https://www.roblox.com/library/1274343708/RigEdit-Lite

Ok. i’ll try that.

3o ChArAcTeRs.

I can’t seem to get the animations to work… do you think this would work with tweens?
The motor6D is between the lever (the part that needs to move) and the body of the tool. However, whenever I try to animate it I can’t move it.

Edit: I got it to work by creating a motor6D between the part and the Dummy’s head.

1 Like