[Help] How to place Custom texture on top of a Roblox texture *ON A MESH*

I looked around the forums and i cant find anything adressing this. I want to place a vine texture on my pillar but also add the slate roblox texture too (so it will be a stone pillar with vines). But instead, when i place the transparent texture i get this instead:

the transparent parts just get blacked out. this is the texture im putting on it:

note: when i place it as a decal, it works how I intended it to, but when I place it as a texture it doesnt., am i doing something wrong or is roblox just busted?

The image file you provided does not have a transparent background.

I think it is because roblox might not use transparent images for meshes.

@PeteMcCool Just to be on the same page, Im putting the texture on a mesh. Yes it is transparent in my files and its a png

It finally rendered in the roblox website and it is transparent on there too

Are you using the TextureID property in the mesh itself?

I put a texture on a mesh and it is white instead of red. Roblox might have a problem rendering transparent textures on meshes, better off with decals or adding a texture of the color and material you want under the vines and cracks. https://gyazo.com/725f0b7e9fb2894a26d9112cadc142e3

Yes I am putting it into the MeshID

Duplicate your mesh, having one transparent with the texture on it and the other with no texture but being visible.

2 Likes

I just solved it (the same idea you had) and I was about to post the solution to this post until i saw your reply. Ill mark your post as the solution thank you