Help in building a map

If so, you can add some villiage, towns, and other landmarks.

1 Like

I suggest you add stuff like Sandtowns, Temples, Pyramid’s, Cactus, ect,.

1 Like

CrazedBrick, A village will be great!
I like it

6wx5, I like your suggestions especially the temple one

I will try everything u guyz suggested

Thankz

2 Likes

You can use the sand material or the sand terrain part. They both make sand more realistic and stuff. It is hard using the sand terrain but with plugins that could be really helpful. To make sand more realistic, you should add sun rays to the lighting. I make deserts with the part to terrain plugin. You can find the part to terrain plugin here: Part to Terrain - Roblox

1 Like

I really wanna use the terrain for my builds but I don’t think it can be stored like parts or model in server storage. I am planning to use a multiple maps for my game and load one whenever it’s needed.
Also cool plugin. I will be surely checking it out
Thankz :blush:

1 Like

Yo! I have some gifts (links) to give you on this.

Detail is always appreciated, but in large maps its variation of a few objects! For a desert an example would be cacti or even a couple oasis’. The places where players gather is where you want the most detail, because that’s where they’ll be spending the most time. That’s all I have to chip in, so good luck!

5 Likes

Deserts are well… deserted. Open lands.
You could add old camps/tents, old broken buildings,cacti,palm trees,tumbleweed etc.

1 Like

That’s some useful stuff :relaxed:
Thank you

1 Like

Start with the terrain use the fill tool in the region tab and fill it with sand then add water grow sand adn rock and finally add villages, animals, and trees

1 Like

You should start first by designing a layout in something like paint.net so you know what shape to make the map when you start working on it. Begin with just flat terrain to lay the land, and build up rough greyboxes of the cities/towns/villages you’re planning to have (if you have any planned at all). After it’s all greyboxed, finish the detailing and finalize the build. After that you can go through and design the rest of the terrain to create things like dunes, oases, or whatever else you want. You can fill in with props like rocks or catci too once you finish terrain. Just play around with it and decide what you like and dislike about it, and keep fixing stuff until you’re content with the outcome. Practice makes perfect, especially for larger projects.

1 Like

Typically, you always want to build with a reference photo. So pop open a picture of your desired desert and build based off of that. Good building comes with time and experience, as you continue to build you will learn to become a better builder.

One word of advice I would give is to always build with even increments.

1 Like

There are a lot of options for a desert build, depending on the atmosphere you want. You can do a western theme or an Arabian map. Some suggested decor would be broken trees, palm trees, cacti, dead bushes. Generally cities in deserts are build around water, so you could have buildings around a river or an oasis. I really suggest using references, both images of real deserts and what other developers and modelers have built.

1 Like

You basically just start laying out your map whether your wanting it to feature elevation different formation of terrain and more. If your new and learning the basics I would recommend just start making your map.

I would advise always looking at images to get the full design of how you want your map to looks like right know you just start creating and see what you can come up with brainstorm an idea and start creating in general look at articles, tutorials and view resources before starting if your wanting a desert map you can either make it out of Terri an or use useful plugins to get started? I would try making models at the moment grab a few images and see how you want your layout to be put together.

Desert plants dried trees, small cottage huts, sand rocks or mountains. You can even sketch your layout or draw it in a program.

1 Like

I’d suggest looking up “Desert Buildings” on google images. I oftentimes won’t use a structure from there, but will take inspiration from the building style or vise versa!

1 Like

So this is how you start off a map first build the ground and the border of the map here is a refrence pic from 1 of my friends.

1 Like

Somebody might have mentioned this, but the Lighting is something to pay attention to too! If you go into the explorer bar, you will be able to find “Lighting”. When you select it and go into “Properties” you can play around with the time of day and even the lattitude of your desert (which I’d suggest you should set to about 30-20)

1 Like

There are a few things that make up a dessert build, very specific things that gives it the design.
here is an example of what I did in around 10mins

as you can see there is a specific color pattern of light/dark yellow

• palm trees
    -desert rocks
  • Oasis
    -Cactus
1 Like

A good way to start, is the spawn. You’d wanna create the place people spawn, then just let your mind flow and build away. If something doesn’t look right, feel free to delete it and try again.

1 Like

i always start by making the model i have in mind according to desert. Then when it’s done i start building the map with the border (always use 2 differents color minimum for the border)

1 Like

Well if it’s a desert, why not use some tan-colored sand and cacti? If you want to create some basic sand dunes you can use spheres that go inside the sand. If you want to have it a little more industrialized you can try your hand at a worn-down car and maybe some epik lighting fx like fog. Maybe moving tumbleweeds? Just a thought.

1 Like