Help making a day night cicle script

So, I’m trying to make a horror rake game, and obviously i need to make a day night system, and i kiiinda need some help with that, and i also need that it slowly changes

i already tried a lot of scripts and changing a lot
and i also tried using tweening to make it so when night the sky slowly changes but i miserably failed
it would be pretty cool if anybody could help me as i dont know anything about these

and also theres some things idk
U can reffer to sounds and things as
NightTime The sound when the day ends
NightTheme The sound that plays at night
DayTheme The sound that plays at day
And
The_Rake is the bot that needs to appear at night and disappear when its day

Im having a lot lot of troube doing this and yeah again it would be pretty cool if somebody could help me :slight_smile:

2 Likes

did you look on youtube there is more than enough tutorials there.

2 Likes

I did look at it
but most the rake tutorials are bad and u cant make a game with them, i already tried looking everywhere

2 Likes

May I ask when you started scripting?

2 Likes

well it wasnt a long time ago, i really started scripting like 3 weeks ago

2 Likes

Have you looked at the Tutorials on the roblox.developer.com site?
You are basically asking someone to make a pretty detailed script for you, which isn’t what this forum is for.

2 Likes

I don’t really think you should be trying to make a rake game at 3 weeks, because it has advanced stuff like pathfinding, and lots of stuff, but in the end everybody learns at a different pace, but that’s just my opinion, maybe try to work on some simpler stuff?

1 Like

Im not asking for a detailed script, just for help to make a day night script that makes the rake spawn when its night and disappear when its day, im also kinda new to the forum too so i will try improving that

Oh ok, but about the rake pathfinding theres a model that has the rake already and almost everybody uses it so i kinda just need to make a day night script and yeah it will be a completed base for the game, and also i cant come up with any game ideas besides the rake cuz i really want to do a rake game and yeah

Well then you wont be learning anything, when you’re first starting scripting and making small projects, your goal should be to learn as you make so you’re able to see results and keep yourself motivated, rather then starting big and huge, then your gonna overwork yourself and absolutely kill your motivation, and that’s coming from experience.

ohhh thats kinda true, i will try focusing on smaller projects bc yeah when i do and find a lot of error i get desmotivated, thank ya for the tip :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

So searching developer.roblox.com day night cycle led me to these:
Day/Night Cycle: Time of Day - YouTube
https://developer.roblox.com day night cycle - Google Search

Oh ok ima try seeing these also and see if i can learn of it, ima also follow Swift’s tip so that i can actually progress on scripting

Pt 1: Changing Lighting FX

1. Delete old lighting FX
  2. Tween the lighting
  3. have folders for each night effects/theme
  4. for i, v in ipairs clone them into lighting. (Loop and clone all the effects.)

Pt 2: Destroying the Rake

1. Have a normal Rake monster in serverstorage/replicatedstorage or anywhere but workspace.
  2. Disable the rake scripts
  3. Clone the rake and enable the scripts and delete the clone when needed.

Ohhhh but, cant i use tweening to slowly modify lighting.ClockTime and changing the rake’s parent to workspace when day and serverstorage when night? i think that would make it more optimized idk if im wrong

1 Like

Yeah only tween ClockTime but i’m not sure how ur rake AI works so it might break it.

1 Like

yeah its a pretty bad AI and im focusing to change it

1 Like