Help making a river current

The Building Support sub-category is intended for all development support relating to architecture on the Roblox platform. This includes questions ranging in difficulty from extremely basic to even the most technical of issues.

You may present your thread how you choose, but you are required to answer the following questions in your thread;

• What are you attempting to achieve? (Keep it simple and clear)
    I want to make a river current.
  • What is the issue? (Keep it simple and clear - Include screenshots/videos/GIFs if possible)
    I don’t know how to.
  • What solutions have you tried so far? (Have you searched for solutions through the Roblox Wiki yet?)
    I tried making a non-collidable conveyor part in the river (so you can swim while it pushes you) and it didn’t work.
    You may then include any further details.

Do you mean like in this post here?:

Maybe ask @Rolcous how he was able to achieve.

I dont know if his current moves the character though.

The river looks to just be a few slightly overlapped beams with the speeds changed per beam to create a parallax effect.

judging by the video, it doesn’t :frowning: What I was looking for was a way to move the character

turns out I had to script! I used a vector force, attached it to the player, and made the current that way!

3 Likes

It’s two textures moving at different speeds, with a render stepped delay, if you want to know