Help making sea for sailing system

Hey everyone, i’m trying to make a sailing system similar to an rpg game on roblox called deepwoken, their “sea” like other games is a part or mesh of some sort rather than roblox terrain, players can still go in the water and whatnot but boats float on top, i’m only experienced in programming and don’t know how to accomplish something like this, how might i make water like that? (TL;DR custom water not roblox terrain that certain objects can float on)

1 Like

Boats could be anchored and move in 2 directions. Players could slowly fall down, theres a few ways to do this. Also on a userinputservice you can add a BodyForce that consumes stamina so they can float.

thanks for this, but also how would i make the water? just a part?

1 Like

Large part would work best I believe, like Arcane Oddyssey. But, I don’t know how they make the parts color visible if you clip it with your camera. (Also like Arcane Oddyssey you can have borders around the ocean or just have ocean loaded around the player.)

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.