Help me improve my 2d Artwork. (Need advice)

Please help me improve my artwork any way you can. :slight_smile:

Thanks, Joel.

21 Likes

It’s GREAT, and keep it up, it looks VERY Professional

2 Likes

Thats really cool.If there’s one thing roblox really lacks, its diversity in game development.Ive never personally seen anybody with this type of artwork on roblox.This type of thing is exactly what roblox needs.

3 Likes

I really like your work!

I think the facial features of this person are placed in odd ways making it not only unrealistic but also messy.
Other then that good work! :+1:

3 Likes

I like it, just when handling high coloring it is better to darken it a bit but otherwise amazing. :wink:

3 Likes

Wow! These are very, very cool :+1:

3 Likes

Hey, late reply, but I hope you continued with your art.

You’ve basically nailed form and shape. Shades are on point, love your style. You might want to work on linework and color theory, because it looks like you’re moving the slider of the colors basically just up and down. This causes the colors to look flat and doesn’t give it the “pop” effect.

Hue and saturation both play an important role in the composition of an art piece. I suggest watching this guy right here for a start:

here

He basically gives really good basic tips, but you’d benefit more by watching other creators, like Marco Bucci or Proko (it can get a little advanced though.)

Linework does play a role in guiding the eye of the viewer as well. Artists tend to bold the lines to signify “shadows”, and lighten it where there’s reflection. This one’s easier to improve on than color imo.

Hope to see more of your work in the future!

4 Likes

I love your art style! It is very unique.

3 Likes

Thank you very much, I’ve tried messing around with color warmth on some newer projects but I haven’t yet found something that works, but I’ll keep trying. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Since this work is from October, do you have anything that you made more recently? (I think it’ll be cool to see if you tried to make some improvements as the months went on)

2 Likes

I’ve made one or two, but I don’t think it’s really “there” yet if you know what I mean, I’ll come back when I think I’ve made a good improvement.

2 Likes