Help me with copyright

hello, can someone help me? I really don’t understand much about copyright rights … so I would like you to help me know if you have any problems with the following items that I put in my game:

Screenshot_26 Screenshot_25 Screenshot_24
Screenshot_23

I’m just using images related to the anime (One Punch Man), there’s nothing in the game that mentions “Saitama” or anything else from the anime, just pictures and the Saitama outfit

Can Fan Art be used in the game?

I hope you can take my doubt, anyway, thanks for reading :grin:

2 Likes

If you did not make any / some of the images you used then that is potentially a copyright issue. The best way to avoid copyright infringement issues is to make everything yourself 100%.

1 Like

Best to not take any work that you didn’t make yourself/your team.

This should go to #development-discussion, it better suits in that category by the way

Alrighty, so here’s what copyright means

Its basically doing or making something but its directly copied from someone else work

In other words, stealing or making a game or something but its based from something long famous and recognisable to many people

Here’s an example, I’m sure you’re familiar with Piggy, right

So MiniToon created Piggy based off from the Peppa Pig series, its hugely famous now, but the people working at the Peppa Pig cartoon must have seen the Piggy game but luckily they didn’t actually take the game down, luckily…

So MiniToon decided to change and make some tweaks to the Piggy game.

I mean tbh, copyright is a very important thing

Now back to your issue

It seems that you made this game based off from the One Punch Man series, better tweak some things like the characters to something that you made up

Wish you luck!