[Help Needed] How to fix certain items appearing hollowed out when exporting FBX's?

I am making this dojo in Blender and these Hollowed parts keep showing up. It’s only on that scale-like frame part on the roof.
I have done recalculate outside, but no changes :confused:
https://gyazo.com/df5244906a5d51918dfe76f53a9b4dbc

1 Like

Your normals are flipped, please use the search bar before posting as this has been answered many times already :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

Thanks, I searched the problem and it worked for my other model but not this. Thanks for the info :smiley:

Ctrl + N in edit mode with all vertices selected (A), then add the solidify modifier. You can sort of see when an object isn’t normal. It’s darker than the rest of the model’s color.

1 Like

What I do which works to prevent the Hollow issue is use the solidify modifier or just fix the normals. Not sure whether the Solidify modifier actually fixes the hollow issue but when I was looking at the issue a year ago one of the suggestions was to use the Solidify or check the normals. You can tell when a Normal is flipped as it appears darker than the other normals and parts of the object.