Help needed with uploading images with transparency

1. What do you want to achieve? I’m trying to upload an image from GIMP to Roblox and it has some transparency in it yes it sounds very simple

2. What is the issue? Each time I upload anything with transparency to Roblox, I get a stupid unwanted grey border surronding the opaque parts. This looks extremely ugly (especially when viewed from afar when the image becomes a total shambles)

3. What solutions have you tried so far? I did have a working plugin in GIMP that solved this issue but it is no longer available (see below). Afterwards I tried using Layer>Transparency>Threshold Alpha in GIMP to make all pixels either fully transparent or opaque. To no avail.

This issue has existed as long as I have been using Studio (5 years and counting) and DID get solved before. Dunno how but I managed to find a GIMP plugin that gives the option Layer>Transparency>Bleed colour into transparent areas, and that managed to get rid of the ugly borders. However, my laptop broke in July 2022 and I swapped for another one (and had to reinstall GIMP). Now I can no longer find that plugin again so this issue has resurfaced. I have put up with this joke from then, but I decided that I am fed up with it.

If anyone has a link to that plugin or know of any other ways to get rid of those borders please let me know. Very much appreciated

^ This is how the image looks in GIMP

^ This is how it looks in Roblox, note the unwanted grey border

^ When I scroll out it becomes extremely obvious and disturbing

Decal link Images/Untitled (21) - Roblox
Image file

1 Like

This did the trick Pixel fix / black border on Images

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.