Help new games gain visibility

As a Roblox developer, getting my brand new game with no existing playerbase out there is extremely hard and complicated. With recent changes to the Featured sort effectively barring every unknown developer and game as well as the removal of user ads, there is only one actual option (sponsoring) for getting visibility on an up-and-coming game on this platform, and it is hardly viable.

There are other ways to get your game out there beyond the Roblox website, but most are operated around the assumption that you already have connections and/or a large following. I shouldn’t be working to build up my social media when I’m trying to develop a game and maintain other aspects of life anyway.

It is extremely unfair that in order to get people onto your game on this platform, you already need to be successful. I can work hard on a game and commissions, finally have money for sponsorship, and still get outbid by some dude with millions of Robux advertising ungodly amounts on his simulator game. This needs to stop.

Roblox needs to add more ways for us unknown game developers to get visible. This can be done through new sorts, new advertising mediums, or some other promotion opportunity. I don’t care. I just want my games to be noticed.

I hope this issue can be addressed. Everyone has to start somewhere.

23 Likes