Help on reducing bandwidth from NPC movement

I’m not using humanoids, these are all custom NPC’s. How they work is on the server their position is tweened.
Every 1/10th of a second or so they’re position is sent to all clients for the clients to create and tween/animate the army model to that position.

(Its 100 NPC’s marching in the same blob)
with only 100 NPC’s moving im getting 30kb/s

Server sided movement:

Its just lerping the army models position value. From my testing this alone is 20 kb/s out of the 30 kb/s
Making the loop wait a little longer is possible but it creates some visual effects I’d rather not have.

Sending the data to all clients:

this is around 9 kb/s, which isnt too bad

My whole entire system is based off V2 in this post

I replicated his same system but i get an extra 20 kb/s i’m hoping i can drop this down to atleast 20 kb/s

2 Likes

P.S. I’m completely fine with ripping down this current system to build a better one.

Where are the values located at? This is important as the Values value replicates to the Client (unless they are in a place where Instances don’t replicate to Client from the Server like Camera or ServerStorage).

Thanks so much, all I did was lerp the Position in serverstorage and it dropped kb/s by 20. I didn’t think it was going to be that simple, thanks.