Help on Scroll Game Select Screen

I recently got into UX/UI design and want to be able to implement what I made on Figma to a game I’m making

So far, I have the Main Menu down which is the easy part but now comes the challenging part.

Goal
I’m trying to do a Scroll Game Select thing? Where you can use “W” and “S” or “Up Arrow” and “Down Arrow” to select a game mode (or even your mouse) but I can’t even find anything that would help me achieve this.

Here’s the high-fidelity wireframe I made:

1 Like

What your looking for is UserInputService, you can also use ContextActionService.

Here’s an example:

local UserInputService = game:GetService("UserInputService")

UserInputService.InputBegan:Connect(function(keycode) 
 -- Check if UI is enabled.
   if keycode == Enum.KeyCode.W then
    --- Execute your select code
   end

end)

However, make sure that when detecting the input you insure the UI is enabled, or else the action will execute when the UI is not visible.

(UserInputService and ContextActionService is only usable in a LocalScript.)
which should be fine, since you’re using it for a UI.

And some feedback:

Great UI menu, I love the animations and layout. But if you haven’t already, consider other screen types because it could get smooshed on screens with a smaller width.

1 Like

Thank you so much! Now I have an idea of how to achieve what I need to do. I appreciate the feedback as well and will definitely keep it in mind when designing!

Yea no worries, but also next time put this post in #help-and-feedback:scripting-support so it’s properly tagged, else if people will assume your just looking for UI feedback.

1 Like

Will remember that next time, thanks!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.