Help on view model collisions!

I am making a view model for some reason but there and here is a small issue…
Since the view model has a humanoid object in it, it always keeps changing the CanCollide property of the head and torso to true (in spite of changing them to false)…Which causes the player to fling in first person…

Is there any way to fix it apart from the really nasty way of updating the property in a loop on in a RunService event?

2 Likes

Use an AnimationController instead of a Humanoid so it won’t use humanoid properties (Should fix the CanCollide issues) and can still be animatable.

Well I actually need the humanoid for clothing replication…
(or is there an another way to replicate player clothing?)

1 Like

An easy fix is to create a new CollisionGroup called CannotCollide and make it not be able to collide with the Default CollisionGroup, then set the ViewModel’s CollisionGroup to be CannotCollide, instead of Default.

Should look like this:

It is most likely the HumanoidRootPart causing the issues as well, so what you could do is rename that to just Root.

I already tried this in the past when making FPS guns, renaming the HumanoidRootPart just breaks the animations.

1 Like

Worked for me a while back, maybe they changed it or I might have had a different way to do it.

Yeah thanks, but again there is an another issue:- view model exists in the replicated storage and it’s only cloned and parented to the workspace by a localscript if a player joins… So when I tried to do it… I could not, as you can only add an object to a collision group if it’s in workspace.

You can change a model’s CollisionGroup by parenting it to Workspace in Studio, then going to the Collision Groups in Model:
Now click in this field, and type in “CannotCollide”

Untick the boxes on the bottom, should look like this:

Now select the ViewModel, and press the little plus button to the left of CannotCollide. It should now be part of that Collision Group. You can now reparent it back to ReplicatedStorage.

Hope this helped!

9 Likes

Oh…THANKS A LOT @brokenVectors! :smiley: :+1:

2 Likes