!HELP PLEASE! - TEXTURING UGC's

to all 3D modelers or UGC creators, or anyone who knows how to texture i need your help. I’m trying to create UGC’s but i feel like the one thing making my models look bad are the textures. i keep on seeing UGC’s with really simple geometry but what makes those models look good are the texture and i just can’t find out how/ where they get the textures from.

↓↓ – Main Question Without Story – ↓↓
If anyone knows any websites for finding textures for UGC’s or any YouTube Tutorials i can use for my Roblox models like clothing or hats/ any type of fabric that would be greatly appreciated.

Example UGC’s - (ugc’s with textures, not mine)

5 Likes

use substance painter for texturing

1 Like

Thank you , I’ll give it a try.

1 Like

no problem but it does cost 30 $ a month, or you can buy it for a couple hundred dollars on steam, so its quite expensive but definetly worth it.

Do you know any free apps similar to this one?

It may be more difficult, but you can use Pixlr Editor (not Pixlr Express). It’s a free photoshop website. It probably doesn’t have realistic fabric textures, but you can make your own using the website.

2 Likes

Thanks, I’ll definitely try it out

sadly no, i looked for one a while back but substance painter is one of the few texturing apps, and easily the best and easiest to learn

1 Like

Hello @YB_Unknown! How are you doing?

In texturing cases, you can always use Substance 3D Painter as @Happypigbaconalt suggested. However, you don’t need to pay monthly because this is a case of doing a subscription to get the newest version of this software within Adobe. If you want to purchase and use it forever, Steam has available versions! With this software, you can create realistic textures for your UGC accessories!

5 Likes

alright looks like substance painter is the way to go. ty.

2 Likes

I’m glad you like my item, I use Substance painter to texture my items. I’m not aware of any free software that can get you the same quality as Substance Painter, unfortunately. However, you can get a perpetual license via Steam, if you don’t like Subscriptions.

As for learning, there’s a ton of beginner stuff on Youtube. For more advanced stuff, I’d suggest Wes McDermott.

2 Likes

Thank you, will definitely check it out.:raised_hands: