Help recovering a past studio rbxl file

Hey. Before I start, just wanted to say that I don’t have access to the actual “Studio Bugs” category, so I posted it here.

I am attempting to fix a bug that I had in studio, std::exception.

The issue is that I have a downloaded RBXL file that I am attempting to open up in Roblox Studio, and I keep getting this error. I have successfully restored the game to the past file using version history, however the studio file seems to be in a older version where it was broken.
I’ve tried redownloading Studio, and downloading it through various means, however nothing works.

I would really appreciate some help as I’ve looked thru DevForum and none of this exists as of now.

Thank you for taking your time to read this.

1 Like

Im not really sure what’s going on so this may not be of much help. But it says you are trying to load a published place. Is the place published in your name/ does your account have access? The owner may need to give you permission. This probably isn’t the issue though since you’re loading a local file.

Why is there a C++ library being used as an error code? Oh BTW I’m not really fluent in C++ so yeah…

No clue, I’m not a programmer or anything. It might be because I’m on mac, again, no clue. If you need the log file, I can provide it aswell.

The log file won’t really help me, as I have no clue what to do with a log file. I just was pointing out how strange it was.

As a sidenote, maybe try converting the file to an rbxlx file and doing file surgery.

one of my friends got it fixed, I think by doing your strategy. Thanks for the help!

Edit: Nevermind, he went into
Game Settings > Places > 3 dots on said game > Version history > SAVEFILES HERE