[help] repeatedly being banned for uploading map textures!

So it says I need to answer these questions.

1. What do you want to achieve? Keep it simple and clear!
    I want to be able to build maps without having my account banned for reasons that are so wrong they border on the threshold of imbecilic.

2. What is the issue? Include screenshots / videos if possible!
    My account keeps getting banned over textures to mesh pieces. We’re not talking about questionable content either here’ we’re talking about things like brick floor textures!

Here is a couple samples of the offensive images that got me banned last time, no, there was nothing hidden in it, just the same type of texture as the ones around it.

I know these are what it’s happening over because they’re the only things I’m uploading as these bans keep happening and when I use the asset ID to check the library the images are moderated.

Here’s what happened immediately after uploading more of my map.

1. What solutions have you tried so far? Did you look for solutions on the Developer Hub?
    I filed a ban appeal on the first SIX of them. Only to upload another piece of the map and get 2 more of my items moderated and another ban! I looked on the dev forum and I can’t find any help on this.

I’m building maps for my game in Blender and uploading them to Roblox Studio. There is NO offensive content. There aren’t even any pictures at ALL. There’s literally nothing that could be remotely considered offensive or wrong, I’m literally being banned by a poorly programmed bot, or at least I hope so, because I would hate to think there are moderator on here who would make such a decision!

Even IF there was something offensive or wrong in there, the messages I’m getting are just stupid and unhelpful. I’m getting blank images with no link or context and a message saying basically “we’re not telling you what you’ve done but don’t do it again!”

Problems I’m facing: Beyond the obvious fear of losing my account over a stupid robot, my work and maps are being destroyed. There’s no way to predict this or prevent this and each one all I can do is go in and modify parts of the entire mesh texture, hoping I don’t ruin the scene, and praying that version is going to be accepted by the bot? This is absurd!

This is the map I’m trying to build. It is my map, not anyone else’s. There’s no copyright, no offensive content, no theft, there is 0% chance at any valid reason for actions being automatically taken against my account for what I am doing. I’m literally just trying to build a map.

8 Likes

I’m not sure exactly what to do. My best help for you is to try contacting the support and see what they think.

2 Likes

That happened to me too, I don’t know why, but it’s better to look for a similar image

1 Like

I can’t. I’m not using images.
These are the pieces of my map in Blender.
I’m exporting the pieces as FBX with applied textures. Roblox is automatically creating the images from my textures and there’s no way to predict which ones it’s randomly going to ban me for.

I’ve had 8 pieces of my map moderated giving me repeated bans.

Dont keep uploading it

you’re gonna get termed if you keep going at it. Instead, try appealing or (if Im not mistaken) you can try requesting a sort of roblox moderation on textures/assets appeal on devforum but idk :man_shrugging:.

However, what you could do instead is upload on an alt and see if changing a few pixels here and there works/fixes the issue. Lastly, if the textures are from a game and you ripped the assets, it might be due to copyright?

Unfortunately it’s not one thing and it’s not even something I really can avoid.
They are just different pieces of my map, not even images of anything, just the textures.

It’s happening in different parts so basically in order to avoid getting termed I have to stop uploading maps in Roblox for fear I’m going to get banned by a stupid robot for no reason?

As far as using other accounts goes I don’t use asset IDs in my maps. I use /images/imagename in order to prevent my textures from being stolen. This makes it incredibly hard in a circumstance like this. I find it quite disturbing the idea that Roblox would settle to itself that developers, in order to avoid being banned by a random robot for no reason to much they get their account terminated, would offer only the solution of using throw-away alt accounts to do asset uploading?

And no, it’s not an issue of copyright, they’re not displaying any form of images/characters/logos/anything. They’re just textures to my map pieces.

I did try to see if I could submit to moderation review. Unfortunately I’m not privileged enough to post in there.

https://devforum.roblox.com/c/moderation-review-requests

This thread is locked to me.

this happens to me occasionally as well, someone suggested that I try

I haven’t tried it yet, but it might help :>

1 Like

Unfortunately this is only for editing and doesn’t produce published results. It’s more for testing things like textures than it is for adding them to your game. For them to be added, you have to upload them. My textures are already tested in Blender, I know how they look. They’re just being moderated for no reason. It’s not even a human moderating them, it’s a robot.

These aren’t copyrighted items, these are my textures I’m exporting from Blender myself as part of the FBX for the model. I’m not using models from Roblox at all so there’s no way it’s any issue like that.

Even if there was a way to do this manually such a task would be insane and very unrealistic.

Realistically in this one map for example there are over 1,800 meshes in the scene. There’s no “pictures” of anything in particular, we’re talking just scene items like bricks, grass, bushes, etc.

When you export the scene from Blender to FBX it takes each respective part and assigns it a texture. That texture is automatically attached when Roblox Studio imports that FBX file.

The problem this creates is there’s literally no way to know which images are going to be subject to a random ban but because I’m uploading a map with thousands of textures apparently the odds of winning the ban lottery become very high.

As of now, 8 textures have been moderated from about 500 or so textures, roughly 1.5% being subject to random moderation for no reason. For this game, by the time I’m done with every map, I’ll have to upload well over 10,000 textures.

This means basically I’m going to eventually have my account terminated because I’m building a game on Roblox that is using textured meshes. Quite possibly one of the most ridiculous scenarios I’ve ever encountered and quite frankly that’s pretty scary.

Then I see other posts about this kind of stuff happening to top devs and I realize I don’t have any inside Roblox staff friends so I’m probably without hope on this platform.

Of course all this time and still nothing. No response from the moderation appeals, no response from anyone official anywhere except a very unhelpful message. I suppose this is what I should expect.

From the looks of it you’re exporting from a game. If it’s not your game look over the texture for some sort of lettering, link, etc. If The Roblox bot cannot see what something says or it’s a link it will automatically be taken down. If that’s not the case I advise contacting Roblox Support by filling out their Contact/Case Sheet. Best of luck.

Neither of those apply.
I built the map in Blender and I’m attempting to import into Roblox Studio.
There is no letters, no symbols, no anything of any sort that can possibly be misconstrued as inappropriate, period.

I’ve had this done to be before, not on this account but I was banned for 3 days cause I kept uploading i, warn after warn. So yeah I agree you shouldnt do this.

Yeah, I’ve stopped until I get it resolved.
It just makes no sense. Basically I can’t build a map because I don’t want to get banned.
This really should be fixed.
I don’t even know what to do?
Give up on building?
Create only plain textures?
Is there a real solution to this for those that have had it happen?

If you’re uploading the entire map to Roblox in one go, there’s a chance the moderation bot is just overwhelmed with all these 100% Blender-made assets and is just incorrectly moderating you.

It’s probably best to just put the project on hold until you talk to someone close to Roblox.

In the meantime, you can post your issue in the category below so engineers can look at the issue closely.

Unfortunately I’m not high enough on the food chain to post there.
There’s actually nowhere on this platform I can find to provide feedback that’s not locked to me.

As of now my project is oh hold, I haven’t touched the map in 5 days. I was trying to import it around 150 models at a time. I’m considering alternate methods, unbinding the textures and doing just the models and adding in textures later when I get it figured out.

Alright, are you sure you can’t post there? I’m the same level as you and I’m able to freely create topics there.

I can post bug reports, sorta, I’ve tried to follow their format but I’ve never had one of them actually allowed to post.

They are very specific on the requirements and even when I’ve done everything to make sure those requirements are met I have not been successful at getting a post allowed into that category.

If I can find the exact image that resulted in the ban I may possibly be able to meet the criteria but I already had a moderator tell me this problem doesn’t belong in there.

If any other builders out there have encountered this and been able to successfully find a way around it I’ll gladly give anything I can a shot. I just don’t want to end up term so I guess I’ll stay in a holding pattern until I eventually hear something, though I’m not sure what to do if I don’t.

1 Like