Help! Someone has Stolen my Game, What do I do!?

Make sure to provide proof. Or else they probally won’t do anything.

I would pm them, asking them to take down the game, and if they don’t contact support.

Okay, make sure to take a screenshot of which game was created fir st and who it was by so they know.

Your welcome, I hope you get your game back :+1:

1 Like

They would do no such thing, they hate me.

How do you get that ‘Builder’ title next to your username?

Oh. Then I would just contact support.

You have to go under “groups” on this website.

go on Developer Forum | Roblox and pick what you pursue

1 Like

We used to be friends and both worked on the game. The whole thing was my idea and we worked on it together, but I did most of the work. He has stolen it now and has taken the group. We built the game under his group which he said he would give to me once we finished the game.

Did you have any contract/proof you worked on the game? Moderators can’t do much without that. :sad:

Some, such as I have pictures of the game in studio mode, and we talked in DMs.

1 Like

I would show those to the admin you contact.

You’ll need to email a formal complaint to Roblox, politely asking them to take the game down, Roblox will then choose to punish the user accordingly, (I had a huge message here written but my internet glitched and I lost it all, rip)

1 Like

Message @Roblox or contact other roblox staff privately, while you wait, go ahead and report the person who stole the game, that will give more information to roblox staff.

1 Like

Okay firstly I don’t think this is the right place to post scams.

There are some ways which I think you could try:
1.Contact Roblox through their home page, you could probably find it as one of the categories or FAQ’s
2. You can contact the person directly and try to get him/her to give the game back to you.
3. (I’m really not sure about this one so please check about it first.)You could file a DMCA report I think. That is something more legal and I’m not familiarized with the law so please check about it. DMCA is basically reporting someone who stole your online work.

READ:(THIS IS IMPORTANT) Here is a related link made by Roblox on the devforum on DMCA and how you can file a report, please read this and find out how:

1 Like

He wasn’t reporting a stolen place, he was asking for help on what to do

3 Likes

They probably cant or won’t help you, hopefully you have concrete images of them saying something like “Stole your game!” and them actually having it. If they deleted your game then you can restore it back to previous versions.

2 Likes

This is a support category for help on everything related to game design (such as level design, mechanics, game flow/loops, user experience (UX), narrative, or monetization) on the Roblox platform, from extremely basic to even the most technical of issues.

For further help with this issue, you can create a support ticket here: Support