Help to make my designer portfolio!

Hello, everyone! I’ve been on the DevForum for some couple of days and decided to create my portfolio. I’m a non-professional 2D art designer but I have had some commissions in the past. The only problem is that I don’t know some things about how to create a portfolio

1. What do you want to achieve?
    I want to create a professional-look portfolio that atracts everyone

2. What is the issue?
    I only have a few pics of my work and I don’t know if that’s enough for know.

3. What solutions have you tried so far?
    I thought about creating some extra art by myself without being commisioned to put it as an example; but that would be very time-consumming couse I put a lot of effort in each one

Some of my work

The first ones are the recent ones of my last commission :+1: , I think I’ve improved a lot!

I would love to have some advice and feedback too! :wink:

Please do some constructive criticism

5 Likes

Usually most thumbnails would be at least R$ 1,000-2,000 (that is what I think) and your work is very good and should be enough to go with your portfolio, if you are still not sure, I would read this test portfolio:

## About Me

Hi there! I am offering my services as a builder. I specialize in asset creation and level design. I have been building for 2 years on Roblox and have previously worked on titles such as Big Game and Little Game.

## Showcase
You can view my assets here: https://www.roblox.com/games/RobloxGame

[details=“Here are some screenshots of my work”]

[/details]

## Availability
I am available for six to eight hours of work on the weekends. You can contact me any time, but I am unable to work during the week due to school.

## Payment
Prices are negotiable, I accept either hourly pay or per asset. My preferred payment method is [X].

## Contact
You can contact me here on the Developer Forum or via Twitter at: https://twitter.com/username

Thanks for reading! :slightly_smiling_face:

you could also try reading this or you can look at other portfolios to get examples.

I did what I could, hope this helps :+1:

4 Likes

I think your works are great, and if you are making a portfolio there is enough for now to attract people towards buying from you. Once you have done more commissions you can update your portfolio with the work, so it won’t matter too much if a potential buyer thinks there aren’t enough examples, since they can see it later when you’ve improved and updated your work.
Also I’m not sure about prices, but most people would charge around 1k robux for thumbnails like these, if you think this is too high and won’t attract customers you can always set it lower then slowly raise prices once people are familiar with you.
Hope this helped! :revolving_hearts:

1 Like

I highly recommend looking at the #collaboration:portfolios and filtering by most viewed to see examples of how the professionals do it. I often browse the portfolios myself to see how I can edit my own portfolio :slight_smile:

Also:

Just wanted to let you know that you should probably remove:

As, if I’m correct, asking for prices isn’t allowed on the forum :grimacing:

try using the template given beforehand, list all your past experiences, jobs or commissions (even voluntary work goes a long way).

don’t ask for prices either - against the guidelines - and just make sure to sample images of your work so people know what to expect.

I really love it! Make sure price it up a bit maybe 400 robux or even 500 robux.

1 Like

@CezchWarrior In my opinion, that is still way too low. 1.2k 2.5k is much more reasonable in terms of those works.

Small note that some others noted, asking for prices aren’t allowed.

Also, there are many examples you can find in #collaboration:portfolios as somebody has noted.

However, if you’d like to see an example of one that I think is a good start/layout for you. You should:

Showcase your work alongside your portfolio, presentation is everything. Bad presentation with boring text leads to nothing. If it looks good, you’re gonna easily grab attention quickly. Title, naming, headers, anything that shows makes people want to click on it.

For example, include your art alongside contact things and so that it has both the purpose of showing a slight example AND straight contacts to commissions.

Heres the things applied for my portfolio I did:

**Though of course, I’m really not one to speak about this much since I’ve just started however, you can also check out egotisms (I think thats how you spell their name :sweat_smile:) and i5k’s portfolios, they’re pretty neat examples. **

2 Likes

Oh okay thanks for the reply! Are you an artist? You seem you know about this stuff.

Wow! Thank you very much. I will remove that right now!

1 Like

Hey! I love your work, but in some ways, it kind of seems TOO detailed for the style of art. I don’t know if that’s just me, but either way it is fantastic!!

Are you open for commissions currently? I need some graphics for my classical Roblox based sword game.

1 Like