Help with 9-Slice Scaling

I am trying to use 9-slice scaling on this image, but I can’t get it to work properly. I am creating a health bar for my game. Here is the original image:

The original size of this image is 1180 x 80, but in Roblox Studio I resized it to 293 x 20.

I’ve followed step-by-step of the tutorial, linked here:
https://devforum.roblox.com/t/how-to-use-slicecenter-robloxs-9-slice-gui-property/18313

I just don’t understand it. I’ve looked through the Devforum for solutions, and I didn’t get it to work. I tried many times and the best result I had was this:
healthbarhelp

My SliceCenter settings are 20, 0, 278, 20. If you could help, I would gladly appreciate it. Thank you!

Why are you using 9-Slice for this? 9-Slice is usually used on box like images with corners.

The image gets distorted when scaling down the x-axis. Is there another way?

Instead of scaling the healthbar with Size, you can modify the ImageRectSize property…

Isn’t that for image animation using a spritesheet?

Yes but you can also use it for clipping an image. Basically HealthPercent = Health / Max; ImageRectSize = Vector2.new(HealthPercent * 1180, 0) iirc.

Setting the ImageRectSize to 1180 or any other number makes it like this:
healthbarhelp2

Ah, sorry it’s been a while. You want to scale both the ImageRectSize and the Size properties. And I made a mistake, the ImageRectSize should actually be this:

ImageRectSize = Vector2.new(HealthPercent * 1180, 80)

Changing the size still distorts it for some reason.
help3

It doesn’t look like you are using ImageRectSize in this picture.

Sorry for the late response, but I did use ImageRectSize.

Can you show me a picture of the properties?

Not sure if you wanted the whole thing, but I’ll just show you the Image section
help4

Yeah, that’s your problem… The Size and ImageRectSize need to be based on the same health percent.

local HealthPercent = Health / MaxHealth
ImageRectSize = Vector2.new(1180 * HealthPercent, 80)
Size = UDim2.fromOffset(293 * HealthPercent, 20)
2 Likes

Ah I see, thank you! I will mark this as a solution.

1 Like