Help with a Loot System

How would I go about making a system that gives you the same weapon, but different stats, different rarity, and different chance? What I mean by that, is basically like a dungeon loot system. For example, Fabled Legacy, Dungeon Quest, etc. I’ve tried searching through dev forum, but I could not find any threads.

When you are trying to help, please include script examples, and(or) thread examples.
Thank you for all your help, I am still learning luau.

well every weapon in dungeon quest has a min potential and a max potential, you could use math.random(minpot, maxpot) to get a random number for the stats.

Well, what about the rarity and chances? Would I also use math.random()?

Check out this tutorial for a chance system

For a weapon you can make a nested dictionary with keys like common, rare, epic, other rarities etc. Then make each key equal another dictionary with stats like chance (for rarity), minimum damage, maximum damage, etc. Then you can just use math.random to get a random damage depending on the rarity. I’m on mobile rn so i can’t really type it out

1 Like

Alright! That helped a lot, thank you a lot!

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.