Help with A tarkov-like inventory system

I don’t know how to code or UI, I mostly do modeling and I need a tarkov like inventory system/ looting system with dropping and stacking system. Could you guys help me out?

1 Like

Maybe some cool GUIs, textures/decals, fully scripted, its not a “quick job”, based on lot of data from a DataStore and inGame data, I insist… lot of work and of course know how to code and build UIs. Having knowledge of all related possible instances and remotes/functions etc…

So, one approach could be,

1. Learning to code and build GUIs along with inventory handling, DSS
  2. or a module/tool idk, I dont know about external stuff

If you are really interested on achieving that, go deep into scripting and GUIs building, theres lot of documentation and tutorials

This seems like a complex UI to make and script, maybe ask somebody on the talent hub.

Thank you, Dev_Peashie.
I know you couldn’t help a lot but I appreciate your effort in responding. It is a hard thing to do, and requires deep knowlege in coding, which I lack at the moment. Once again, thank you for replying.

1 Like

No problem, Im glad to help, even if its not really helpful xD
Btw I edited my message… idk why I typed AIs instead of GUIs… probably I was sleepy, but, the rest of the message is correct :stuck_out_tongue:

One approach can be using a huge table of 1 and 0 to see if that space it already occupied.

local mainInventory = {
{0, 0, 0, 0, 0},
{0, 0, 0, 0, 0},
{0, 0, 0, 0, 0},
{0, 0, 0, 0, 0},
{0, 0, 0, 0, 0}
}

—-This represents that the mainInventroy has 5x5 stash, and all slots are not being occupied.

local smallRig = {
{0, X, 0, X, 0},
{0, X, 0, X, 0},
}

local gunSlotsNeed = {3, 2}
—- This says that you need at least 3 connected rows of 0s and 2 connected columns of 0s to place this item in your stash.

You can use these 1s and 0s and just playing with it.

1 Like

Hey there, I’m also trying to make something similar. If the 0’s become 1’s does that mean something is occupying that slot? Thank you

Yea most likely. It’s a quick way to determine if a slot is occupied or not. It’s like a true/false statement but shorter.