Help with Advanced Movement System

Problem will be what issue i need help with.
Context is what the game is about.

Problem

Just going to cut it short and simple:

I’m working on a game project featuring movement mechanics akin to CS:GO, even though it’s not a shooter. Beyond the standard b-hop and ramp mechanics, I’m looking to expand the system with a few more features:

1. B-Hop and Velocity Conservation: Players can b-hop to maintain velocity almost constantly, keeping the action fast-paced and dynamic.

2. Ramp Launches: Ramps pointing skyward launch players upward, adding verticality and excitement to traversal.

3. Dash Mechanic: Players will have the ability to dash forward in whichever direction they’re facing, providing a burst of speed for quick maneuvers.

4. Wall Bouncing: Implementing wall bouncing, allowing players to bounce off walls while maintaining their momentum, adding a dynamic element to movement.

5. Double Jump: Introducing a double jump ability, albeit slightly weaker than the standard jump, to provide additional aerial mobility and opportunities for creative maneuvers.

6. Coyote Time Jump: Incorporating a “coyote time” mechanic, where players have a split second after leaving a platform to still execute a jump, adding a forgiving element to platforming sequences.

These additions aim to enhance the fluidity, versatility, and excitement of the movement system, offering players more options for traversal and exploration in the game world.

If you have any suggestions or insights on how to implement these features effectively, I’d love to hear them!

Thanks for your help!

Context

I’m working on creating a birthday game for my friend Mike. I’ve previously made one for another friend, Edgy, but I didn’t get around to making one for Mike last year. So, I’m excited to put together something special for him this time around!

The game I’m making for Mike is going to be straightforward and easy to play. The main objective is to reach a VHS tape and insert it into a TV. Doing so will transport the player to the next level, adding a bit of excitement and progression to the experience.

As the game progresses, each level will become slightly larger and more intricate.

Level Design

In the game’s level design, players will encounter various interactive elements such as Buttons, Levers, and Pressure Plates. These elements serve as mechanisms to control access to different areas of the level and trigger specific actions.

Additionally, there are Heavy Buttons, Levers, and Pressure Plates that require more force to activate. These heavy variants introduce a layer of challenge, requiring players to coordinate their efforts or utilize specific abilities.

Moreover, the game features Heavy Lazer Detectors that activate based on each player’s assigned role. Players can either point their laser pointer at the detector or redirect a laser source to activate it. These detectors play a crucial role in progressing through certain sections of the level, adding a strategic element to gameplay.

The concept of “Roles” assigns unique abilities to each player, altering their appearance and granting access to different heavy activation options. Players must strategize and collaborate effectively to overcome obstacles and advance through the game’s levels.

Items

In addition to the dynamic level design, players have access to various items that augment their abilities and gameplay experience.

One such item is the Rocket Launcher, which players can utilize to propel themselves forward with a powerful blast. This item adds a strategic element to traversal, allowing players to reach distant or elevated areas with precision and speed.

Another essential item is the Lazer, a versatile tool that players can use for communication and interaction within the game world. With the lazer pointer, players can communicate with teammates, plan coordinated movements, or activate Lazer Detectors strategically.

(Give me some ideas for items and i might consider adding it.)

To give you a bit more context on how lasers will work in the game, the player will have access to a laser pointer. They can use it to interact with objects or trigger events by pointing it at specific targets.

I would greatly appreciate any advice, tips, or resources you can offer to help me bring this birthday game to life for Mike. Whether you have experience with game design, level creation, or just creative ideas to share, your input would be invaluable to me.

Thank you in advance for your help, and I look forward to hearing your suggestions!

What the map looks like: