Help With AK-47

So I was modeling a gun (AK-47) and I got a problem with the front part of the gun. As you can see, it is very complicated and I am not sure how to approach this. Here is a screenshot of it:

I am trying to keep this low poly.
File:
ok47.blend (688.9 KB)

1 Like

Well there are many different approaches you can take. The one that I would strongly recommend is using a new part for that. I would start out with a cube and shape it from there. Since you are going for a low-poly type AK-47 a cube would be your best bet. There is always the bevel modifier and the subdivision surface modifier that you can yous to make it smoother if you so desire but remember that Roblox has a maximum of 10k triangles!

I would also recommend getting an image of the top of the AK-47 so you can have good topology because that is key to good modelling. Also remember to join all the parts before you start texturing so that it is all one single mesh. (If you don’t know how just select all of the parts, right click, and select ‘Join.’)

Good luck with your model! I can’t wait to see how it turns out! DM me here on the forum if you need any more help! :smile: :+1:

1 Like