Help with AK-47

I am modeling an AK47 and I came across a weird glitch:

I tried changing the vertices but it keeps acting weird.
Do you know what is wrong?
FILE:
ok47.blend (869.8 KB)

You could try filling the gap all in all. I don’t use Blender soo…this probably won’t work but ya can try!

1 Like

I tried that before I posted and it didn’t work. Thank you for answering though!

Can ya show a picture of the whola AK-47? i just want to see what it looks like.

Woah that is epic. Better then the ROBLOX free models, this one has an actually realistic muzzle and magazine. The trigger looks great too.

LOL. It is my first time modeling a gun. I never knew that it was so good.

You could add a suppressor, that would be epic. I also would suggest making grenades if you wish.

1 Like

I am just making this for a competition. I might make some other things later.

Oh ok. And I think your gonna win. I study guns and I must say that is pretty realistic.

1 Like

Im pretty sure he is being sarcastic you might want to try something easier before moving on to something this complexed and follow some tutorials.

It is actually the first time I modeled a gun lol.

I also modeled this without a tutorial.

Ye try something easier before making guns like a mug or a tree
dont just jump to guns

I have made lots of other things before. This is the first time I have made a gun.

1 Like

Hit Alt + Z to go into xray mode, make sure you have vertex select on.

In the top of the viewport, you should see some options.

https://gyazo.com/cdd59d5197aef6af2b1180bbb342ac55

Then grab the bad vertex with g and pull it to the proper vertex.

1 Like

Hmm, I tried it and it did not work. It keeps distorting the mesh.

Do you have any modifiers on that would distort it?

1 Like

I have a mirror modifier. I think that is okay.

Hi. Had a quick look at your mesh. You unfortunately have multiple issues here. Remove your mirror modifier and have a look at your mesh. You do not have half a mesh. You have an almost completed model that you added a mirror modifier to. Remove the bad half (the half that includes the error you asked about) of your model by using a loop cut CNTR R and deleting half. Unfortunately you will see the loop doesn’t go round your model because you have the front part not connected correctly to the back part. All these errors are fixable but from your construction I can tell you might not be able to fix it all yet. Keep modelling…you are doing great. If you fix this model completely you will learn a lot from it. Oh… and if you do the loop cut you will also notice that your centre line is skew going into the but of the rifle. You will need to fix that also. You need a perfect centre line to use a mirror modifier correctly. Hope this helps a bit.

1 Like