Help with anchor script

So, let me get this straight… You have a part (server created, by script or just in studio) and you want any player to be able to click this part, and it become unanchored for everyone?

No, please read the original post.

Can you try my snippet, see if it works, if not, can you provide more details and even a place file for further assistance?

1 Like

I did read the original post several times, but its not making any sense what you are exactly wanting. You talk about your speculations that local script only affects a client, well that is true, is that your desired outcome or is that a problem?

1 Like

shoot i read the post, i was too vague, sorry about that. And yes, that is my desired outcome. All I want is when you click on a part, it falls down and acts as a bridge in my obby. But, i only want it to fall down to the player who pressed it

Then a local script is what you need, however, if you just put a ‘localscript’ in the part, it will not work.
It needs to be as @DasKairo suggested…

except place it inside the part SUS

also have a click detector, and when it detects the mouse clicked,
you unanchor the part.

Im testing this in studio

can isee explorer dfkjhjsdfhhjdfhjdfsdfjh 30. character limit

Sorry, didn’t work.

(owiehfowihfowehowiehfoweihfowehwoeihfwo)

What didn’t work?!?! Can we see a screenshot of output?

ok

oeigjeoifjeorjfoeijfoeirjfoeijgoeijfoeijfeofjeorifjeo

Attempt to connect failed: Passed value is not a function

ok, so… apparently things have changed in Roblox. Used to, if you had a part created in studio, or by a server script, if a client (local script) changed it anchored, it would fall for that client, and nobody else.

This apparently is not the case anymore. When I set a part’s anchored to false on a client, it only ‘falls’ and has physics applied to it when I am in physical contact with it and my player.

So you will have to either create the bride, and put it in replicated storage, and have it ‘pasted’ into the obby for each client with a local script.
Or you will need to create the bridge in code for each client on a local script.

1 Like
local SUS:BasePart? = workspace:FindFirstChild("SUS") -- where does SUS belong?
local Click = Instance.new("ClickDetector")
Click.Parent = SUS
Click.MouseClick:Connect(function()
    SUS.Anchored = not SUS.Anchored
end)
1 Like

workspace screenshots.

whats inside in sus
afkjhadfbgafdfkhfdfakjfs

Screen Shot 2023-03-08 at 9.21.34 AM

That’s a localscript! Use a normal server-script instead!

put localscript to startergui dfhjskjdfskdfskjdssdfkj

he wants local jafskjsadfkjladskjljadsklladskj

They can just move it to starterplayerscripts.