Help with bike movement

Hey there guys,

At the moment I am taking some time off creating games to focus on improving some areas that I am not so great in, the main one being physics. I have already managed to create a pretty basic car with suspension and such. But now I want to try make a bike/motorbike.

I already have a simple bike modelled. The entire bike is welded and all the structures stay together. However once the character gets onto the bike it falls over. As well as falling over I don’t really know what way to go about making the bike move at all.

I would be very grateful if someone could at least point me in the right direction such as what way to balance the bike and what way to create the wheel motors?

I would be grateful for for everyone’s help regarding this. I hope its not too much to ask. If you want to play around with my bike structure feel free to do so Bike Test 050720.rbxl (24.3 KB) .

Thank you in advance for any help.
:roblox_light: ICrann

1 Like

BodyMovers can help you.
The problem is that in real life on a bike we keep it straight with our muscles, and a Roblox character isn’t a human with muscles. It just sits and does nothing like a plastic dummy. Plus, the physics engine isn’t that perfect.

We already see your name at the top of the post.

1 Like

So you recon I should bare script the bike using BodyMovers?

I just like to sign off

1 Like

Yes, absolutely correct.
I think BodyAngularVelocity is what you need to keep the bike straight.

So moving the wheels by rotating to them and then getting the bike to move with them?

:thinking:
I will analyze your place file right now to be more precise.

1 Like

Roots of your problem are very deep inside. Wheels have a weird offset compared to each other:

The line isn’t very straight, but you get the point.

Another problem is that there is only 1 triangle thing at the back. On an actual bike, there are always 2.
Plus, the bike is fully welded. You will need to create 2 blocks (1 for left, 1 for right side) for each wheel with a constraint attached to the wheel.
But, since the vehicle is 2-wheeled, old hinge+VehicleSeat method will not work. You of course can make the front wheel turn with a servo hinge constraint and manually turn on the motor constraints at the back (like a real bike works), but it will be too hard to maintain the balance.
So yeah, your bike needs to be fully driven only by BodyMovers.

1 Like

Ok, I will work on that thank you very much.

1 Like