Help with chat system!

Hey! So I’ve run into a problem recently with a project that I’m working on, and I was wondering if anyone else had a similar issue or if someone knew how to solve this issue.

In a game that I am working on, we have a NameTag system. The problem is that when you chat, the NameTag covers your chatbox. You can see what I mean in this video -

Video

In this video, the chatbox looks fine while you’re zoomed in all the way, but when you zoom out, it gets covered by the NameTag. What I’m asking about is how I could make the chatbox raised a bit above the NameTag.

This is what I’m trying to get the chat to look like:

(Hopefully this makes sense.)

I’ve already looked through the ClientChatModules settings and I couldn’t seem to find anything that could achieve what I was looking for. Hopefully, someone knows the solution to this problem and could help me get this fixed. Thank you!

1 Like

You can check the own Roblox chat system for that.
And edit from there

try re-checking.
It’s clearly a BillboardGui maybe, all billboard UI’s have an offset!

For myself, I think that the nametag is oversized beforehand, but I’m not sure on how to make the chat bubble move higher. My only solution to give you is either make the nametag more below, or make it smaller.