Help with creating this simulator map

Please note that I am not primarily a builder

Hey, so because I’m cheap I decided to try building the map for my simulator game myself. I’m not really sure what to do next, I built the walls and the ground and a river (which I’m starting to have some doubts about) but it looks kind of empty.

I’m looking for advice on what I should do now.

This is a jumping simulator kind of game, only it’s called flipping simulator (You do flips instead of just plain jumping).

5 Likes

You should add some trees and some buildings such as houses. I think you should brighten it up a tad bit as well. You should also add a waterfall as well.

4 Likes

As it’s a Jumping simulator, be creative and think outside of the box. Don’t do trees like all of the other simulators. Maybe you can make the river a Canal and make it Venice, Italy? Make Parkour jumps on the roof tops, allow the player to be creative and have fun. Make the shops in the building in Venice if you take that idea. Happy Building! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

It would be cool if he did something like the realto and have the shops on it!

I haven’t really shown the whole picture, this is what it looks like:

There are obstacles floating in the sky that people jump up when they have enough jump power, so there isn’t really much room for rooftops, I can raise the obstacles a little so people will have to jump on the roof tops to start climbing the obstacles.

2 Likes

I love it! Cannot wait to see it when it’s done.

I feel like the obstacles are a bit too close. Maybe make the farther apart. Also I would put trees around the map. But make it different put like different trees at least 5 or 6 different ones.

2 Likes

I agree, he should also add a leader board’s and a small obby cause it is a simulator.

2 Likes

Looking around the entire map area you should make it more larger if it’s going to be a jumping simulator game players will fell cluttered in a circle area, try adding more width to the map so you’ll be able to place little details here and there.

You should place objects whether it be builds, shops other vacants or placing your tree layout whatever fits the game theme. As seen in the image above, you have made good progress so far with the map layout. However there is little to no details in the different corners of the map and center.

Fill the areas what rocky paths bushes different sizes of rocks in the corners of the maps, Shrubs and vegetation smaller buildings, and different items. Try making your simulator different from others make it have it’s own unique layout feel try adding different styles of mountains so it doesn’t look repetitive. Otherwise it’s good just needs a little refining to improve it.

2 Likes

Add trees, houses, bushes, and possibly a cave. Also maybe a secret area. Those are always fun!

1 Like

Made some progress:

Thanks for the advice everyone who replied

1 Like

You should make the buildings shorter and more countryside friendly rather than city buildings
You should make the map bigger
Add vegetation and make the obstacles… easier?

Looks decent at the start, but it could use a little more detail. If I were to suggest anything you should seize the buildings more properly by giving them information on which shops is what, for example: (selling - buying weapons useful items game passes ect). What theme does your build set in?

Is it a city - town or related to something like that, try making it look more interesting and attractive to players view, the color scheme of the buildings seem a bit too bland, if your going for a certain design try adding vibrant colors with a useful lighting source reflecting those colors. There’s much you can still do with this since it’s in progress continue to make it interesting for players to intend to join.

Reference image

3 Likes

Maybe add roads.
30 characters

The map could be easily improved if you added variety to the mountains surrounding it, with a nicer shape, see the large simulators if you need inspiration, whoever to solve the emptiness you could add building, paths, trees and other small hills.

I also feel the small rocks around the map could be improved, maybe make the map a bit bigger, add rocks in some places but not all, shape is an important factor for these type of things and can really improve a map. :slightly_smiling_face:

Also I would try messing with the colours/lighting of the game as that can make a map look better too.

Feel free to message me if you would like some assistance :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like