Help with editable mesh!

So, I want to make my reactor more active looking, and I used a script to change the verticies in the editable mesh. It appears serverside, but not client side. Can someone help? If its a complicated bug then ill just go back to regular spheres.

Try rigging the reactor within Blender, then uploading it as a “Custom Rig” in studio. You can then create an animation in Blender, or unless you want to break yourself, go to Studio to animate it, then import it to Roblox. Have serverside script that plays the animation:

local reactor = script.Parent
local animation = Instance.new("Animation") -- creates an animation
animation.AnimationId = -- Set this to your animation ID e.g. "rbxassetid://129127893"
local humanoid = Instance.new("Humanoid")
humanoid.Parent = reactor
local anim = humanoid:LoadAnimation(animation)
game.Players.PlayerAdded:Connect(function()
    anim.Looped = true
    anim:Play()
end)

If needed, change animation priority.

That isnt exactly what i mean?

Animations will not get anywhere near what i want. This is fully randomly generated.

1 Like

EditableMeshes do not replicate across the server to clients. If you are trying to do this, my recommendation would be to make the edit as a client-side effect, what you can do is use an RNG seed that is accurate across clients so they see the same thing.

--Get the seed
local seed = workspace:GetServerTimeNow()
--Then run your warble effect on the client

Yeah, i fixed it right before you posted this. Turns out i just had to put the code inside of a local script lol.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.