Help with freeze effect

This is my first post on the forum, so I apologize if it is not in the correct category!

I was recently playing the game Ability Wars, and I noticed it had this awesome freeze effect where it looks like the player is anchored, except they still have physics on them as they can fall over.
Video

I want to create something like this, but I have no idea how. I have tried to use HumanoidStateType.Physics, but that is not what I am looking for.

I looked for solutions online, but it’s pretty hard to come up with a way to describe what I want.
Again, I’m sorry if this is the wrong category as this is my first post! Thanks!

1 Like

Im not sure, but you can try to set the humanoid WalkSpeed to 0, and make a new connection that when the player jumps it will set humanoid.Jump to false, and after a few seconds, set humanoid WalkSpeed to normal and disconnect the connection.

Or you can simply anchor the character children that is a BasePart, and if the humanoid.FloorMaterial is nil you unanchor it to the player falls.

1 Like

It has to do with the character animations, so here’s what I would do:

--Localscript in StarterCharacterScripts
local plr = game.Players.LocalPlayer
local chr = plr.Character or plr.CharacterAdded:Wait()
local hum: Humanoid = chr:WaitForChild("Humanoid")
local animator: Animator = hum:WaitForChild("Animator")

while true do
	wait(3)

print('cha-cha')

animator:Destroy()
	hum:ChangeState(Enum.HumanoidStateType.Physics)

wait(3)

print('real smooth')

animator = Instance.new("Animator")
	animator.Parent = hum
	hum:ChangeState(Enum.HumanoidStateType.Freefall)

end

As you can see, I simply deleted the animator to achieve the “anchor” effect, and then If I want to unfreeze the character, I put the animator back

Hope this helps!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.