Help with game mechanics ideas

Hello! So I want make a sword fighting game. However i dont want it to be just m1 spawn and run around without any point. I want my game have mechanics that will make this game fun! Here some ideas that I have.

My ideas

Bonuses, boosts: A tool or a boost will spawn around map. They can give players high advantage in game!

Fall Damage: I think you already know this.

Destruction: How much game have you seen with destruction mechanic? Players able to change the whole battlefield with destruction bonuses! (like bomb or C4)

Windows: A windows that players can open and close. A great way to escape and to die!

Doors: Players able to open/close and lock (from 1 side) doors! However doors can be destroyed by basic sword which means you have a limited time to escape!

Block: Players can block with their sword. Hitting someone who is blocking will stun you and give enemy lower damage.

Disaster: A random event that will destroy players lifes.

That’s all what I had in my head. If you have any ideas feel free to write them!

1 Like

To add on to your ideas:

1. You should make it so that the Windows can be broken
  2. Instead of the door being destroyed by the sword, it can be knocked down by a hammer.
  3. For Disasters, you should make a fog that it is hard to see past, a thunder storm that strikes random players, including if they are higher, and things like that.

Hope this helped :slight_smile:

1 Like