Help with general animation flow and having issues w/ animation priorities

Hello all!

I’m an amateur animator and game designer who is trying to figure out a solution to the general animation and animation flow issues I’ve been having while trying to assist the game team

The Issue

While I’m not exactly sure what the issue is, I’ve been having problems with animations that are only supposed to move one part move the entire body/freeze the entire body, as if its its own animation overriding the other.

• (Ex. below, a throwing animation of mine, made of blender with an r6 rig, plays on click when the banana is thrown. However, since the throwing animation was intended to only move the character’s center and arm, it instead freezes the entire body and completely cancels out said walking animation. I will note that the character is stopped while throwing for a reason, but that is a scripting matter that does not apply to this post. Said stopping of motion, even removed, will stop the walking animation.)

Observe how when the banana is thrown, the walking animation stops in favor of said throwing animation. I want the throwing animation to only override the arm during the walking animation.

I am confused on whether this is a rig issue, an animation priority issue, or just an issue with general animation flow. I have already tried to mess around with animation priorities, but because that animation is exported as its own, it doesn’t make a difference which one I choose, from what I’ve observed.

How can I get my animations to possibly only move the parts that I want them to without stopping the entire character?

1 Like

If you’re importing the animations from Blender to Editor, I’d recommend to:

1. Delete all frames except the ones prioritised (in this case, the arms and the torso).

2. Once animation has been imported, go to editor and ensure that the frames are deleted. When importing I’ve found more often than not, that all the parts have frames.

Press those three dots and select ‘Delete Track’.

Hopefully that should fix it mate.
Cheers.

P.S - Could you give me a link to the rig you’re using? Looks much better than the one I am using currently.

1 Like

Hi, @XionKazdok ,

It seems that the mistake that I have been making is not importing said animations to animation editor. Therefore, I haven’t deleted the frames for parts that I don’t want to move. This makes a lot more sense now. I’ll update you when I have the time later this evening and test out your solution.

P.S. - Not sure if the creator wants it shared outside of the server, even if its a public rig, but I’d be happy to tell you where I found it. The rig I’m using is a blender file shared on the Moon Animator discord server in #recourses. The file name is R6IK.blend and it is made by @Bauzly. I suggest checking there for other recourses as well, its an amazing place to find rigs you can play around with and practice with.

If you cant find an invite link, or simply the file, you can friend me on discord. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Happy to say that this did in fact solve my issue. I’ll try to keep this in mind for when I make and export animations to Roblox. Thank you!

1 Like

No problem mate, cheers.

Also, send me your username in DMs, I’ll add you. I haven’t been able to locate the resources yet.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.