Help with generating maps

Hey, I have huge maps that I clone on to the workspace for optimization with :Clone.Parent = workspace. Since the maps are huge, it generates abruptly causing some low end devices to crash due to memory issues, is there a way to generate a map instead of cloning the map?

1 Like

Two ways that I could think of.
1:
Clone the map in parts. I.e. for a city map, you could load in this order: Streets then Buildings then props.

2:
You could Create a new folder with instance.new("Folder", workspace), then use a for loop to clone each item into the folder individually.

1 Like

I’ve had this problem for my game before. It turns out the main factor is RAM usage, ie game memory. More stuff/parts/textures/sound/meshes = more memory = more RAM = higher chance of crashing. Usually mobile devices are hit first.

Slowly loading in the map may alleviate a bit of the stress on the devices (especially ping/network/bandwidth), but eventually it will hit the memory limit as all of the map is loaded in and still crash.

I would recommend to look into StreamingEnabled if you’re planning on doing something open world. Otherwise you should look into ways to reduce the map parts ie optimizations.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.