Help with Island creation

Hi everyone! I am wanting to create an island in the shape of this model.

I have already tried making a huge rectangle and shape it to my liking. However, just to finish one side was very tedious. I am looking for a way to make this island without a huge amount of effort. I glanced over heightmaps too, is that the way to go? Thanks in advance!

How large is the area, in studs? Anyways, no matter the dimensions, I recommend using a plugin called Part to Terrain. I learned the hard way that giant spaces could be filled more efficiently without the terrain editor. All you have to do is:

1. Make a large part that covers the area you want to cover. Resize the part until it fits. If the area hasn’t been completely filled in yet, then:

2. Duplicate the part until it fits the area. Once done,

3. Use the Part to Terrain to turn it all to terrain. Simple!

Hope this helped.

How you achieve this is very much down to the type of game you want to make. You can make terrain through the following methods:
Roblox terrain tools
Triangle terrain (good for lowpoly)

Triangle terrain is rather simple once you get the hang of it and there are many plugins out there that make making it a breeze. Roblox terrain is also really good but from my experience it is time consuming and does take a lot of practice to get good at

Thanks for your help! (30 Chars)