Help with making an advanced purchase tool button

Hello. I am seeking help with a purchase button. Currently, I have a purchase button which gives the player a specified tool, but, I’m looking into how to make it so once you click purchase, the purchase button is no longer visible. The button is not for a gamepass, it’s for an item which they can buy with their in-game currency for example, coins/cash.

Any help with this will do. Feel free to ask any questions.

Thanks.

1 Like

Just make it so when you click the button, the button’s visibility turns to false.

Well assuming you send a remote event to prompt the purchase on the server, you can use a Remote Function to invoke that purchase gamepass request to the server, then handle the purchase on the server, if all went well and the purchase was successful, return true, as the purchase was completed (also reward them the tool). Then on the client, check if the remote function returned true, if it did, make the button invisible .Visible, if it returned false then something went wrong, so dont make it invisible.

Making it false forever is as simple as checking if they own the gamepass, if they dont then make it visible, if they do, dont.

I want it so when they press buy, it makes it false forever.

It’s not a gamepass, sorry for the mistake.

I want it so when they buy a tool with their cash, the button is no longer visible and stays invisible to the player.

Yep, same sort of system with the remote function, however instead use a datastore value in the player to determine if they bought the gun or not. If they buy it, set the value to true and save it. When they join, check if the value is true or false (you can use another remote function here and return the value from the server), then toggle the visibility based on the value returned

If you need some help with this I can provide some sample code, as remote functions can be a bit tedious if you haven’t used them before.

1 Like

Can you provide some sample code to help cause I’m not familiar with remote functions and saving bool values.

Also, can this script/data store apply for multiple buttons? For example, they buy a gun and then a different one.

This sort of system can work for multiple guns, but you can use dictionaries to store the data instead of values.

An example of the code would be:

Purchasing Client

local ReplicatedStorage = game:GetService("ReplicatedStorage")
local button = script.Parent -- path to your button

button.Activated:Connect(function()
	local purchaseEvent = ReplicatedStorage.YourRemoteFunction:InvokeServer(button.Name)

-- Invoke the button name, as you want to get what gun they 
	--	want to buy on the server

if purchaseEvent == true then -- success 
		button.Visible = false -- we know they own it now
	elseif purchaseEvent == "InsufficientFunds" then
		print("Not enough cash")
	else
		print("Error purchasing weapon!") -- Error, see server console (most likely invalid funds)
	end
end)

Server Purchase:

local DataStoreService = game:GetService("DataStoreService")
local ReplicatedStorage = game:GetService("ReplicatedStorage")
local Players = game:GetService("Players")

local playerData = {}

local weaponPrices = {
	["AK47"] = 100,
	["M4"] = 200
}

ReplicatedStorage.YourRemoteFunction.OnServerInvoke = function(player, weaponToPurchase)
	if weaponPrices[weaponToPurchase] then 
		-- We know it's a valid weapon
		if player.leaderstats.Cash.Value >= weaponPrices[weaponToPurchase] then 
			-- Here is where your going to datastore the value
			-- ONLY MINUS THE CASH IF THE DATASTORE PCALL RETURNS TRUE 

player.leaderstats.Cash.Value -= weaponPrices[weaponToPurchase]

return true -- success (make sure to use a pcall with the datastore, if it doesn't save, don't minus the cash and don't save!)
		else
			return "InsufficientFunds" -- Return a specific identifier to determine they have no funds
		end
	else
		return false -- Error, invalid weapon
	end
end

For saving the data, you can follow this guide, as it makes more sense - if you struggle you can go with the basic datastore tutorial, and save values.

https://developer.roblox.com/en-us/api-reference/class/DataStoreService

1 Like
  1. Store their purchases in a datastore
  2. Load their purchases when they join
  3. Check if they own the item when the LocalScript runs, if they do, simply set the visibility to false.
    (I would run a loop for every purchase when they join)
  4. also change the button visibility when a purchase succeeds(I would wait for a RemoteFunction response to tell me if the purchase request was a success)

I apologise if you dislike British accents.

This isn’t what he’s looking for. Read the post.