Help with making road realistic

I’m trying to make this road more high-poly and realistic and I can’t think of anything to do. Can someone help?

3 Likes

Don’t use smooth plastic, instead materials like Asphalt or Concrete, use textures and or material service! Take a reference from a IRL road, maybe from google maps, and just to copy it to the best you can. Practice makes perfect

1 Like

White lines on the sides.
And use references.
References are amazing.

2 Likes

I agree. You can go one extra step by shading the colour of the texture based on the surrounding environment that you might build afterwards.

1. Textures. Concrete or Asphalt works the best. You can even try using PBR or custom textures if you want to go a step further
  2. The road marking is too thick. Make it Thinner.
  3. Add random details and to the surface (e.g. drains, manhole covers)
  4. Add lines to the edge of the road, unless its deliberately not needed
1 Like

use pbr textures
you can model a road in blender and unwrap it and add an asphalt texture
there is currently not a single tutorial on youtube to do pbr roads for roblox
but I saw a guy called stylishh he’s good at making things with pbr, but you know he keeps his secrets for himself
I am trying to recreate a scene from an image to see if I will be able to do the road to be like his
if it works I will tell u how I done it
zweas

1 Like

for any thing realistic in roblox studio, please use PBR materials. what i’d recommend is going to one of those sites that offer those materials for free, then search for a good asphalt material for you to use.

Use Blender to make the roads. I made some really sick roads with it. I also added in PBR to make it look better. Here are my results.

But also make sure to separate the roads, so Roblox doesn’t change it’s size.

2 Likes

I would recommend using reference images and look how IRL roads look. That goes for anything your building. Maybe also add textures to the road.

Improved them a bit, a lot of PBR textures are textured around American roads and not Irish which is what I’m looking for

1 Like

Nice, looks better than before. Keep up the great work!

1 Like

Roads are dirty. I would add some decorations like dirt, manhole covers, leaves, cracks, etc