Help with making tool animation work

I am trying to make the arms and tool move up and down like so (video from Headstackk) (note: I want to do it with r15)

I followed this tutorial by @Headstackk. I have the Motor6D attached to UpperTorso and BodyAttach like it says in the tutorial. In order to make it look like the character is holding the tool I made a looping animation with a single frame of the arms and tool in correct position. (I have no idea if this is the correct use of animations, I am very unfamiliar with animations)

Question 1: Is this the correct use of animations? Can I use the same “hold animation” for multiple tools or do I have to rig a separate animation for each tool? (I also know very little about rigging, what I did was put the tool inside the rig and attached it to UpperTorso via Motor6D like in the tutorial)

Question 2: Next, I want the arms and tool to move up and down like shown in the first video. I successfully got the tool to move up and down by doing:

-- toolGrip is the Motor6D attached to UpperTorso and BodyAttach (in tool)
local pitch = math.asin(workspace.CurrentCamera.CFrame.LookVector.Y)
toolGrip.C0 = CFrame.new(0,0,0) * CFrame.Angles(pitch, 0, 0)

I tried setting Character.RightUpperArm.RightShoulder.C0 and Character.LeftUpperArm.LeftShoulder.C0 to various values (including the one above) with no success. How can I make the arms move up and down with the tool when the Camera moves up and down?

Thanks in advance.

2 Likes