Help with memory usage

I am facing a big problem with a game I have bin working on for the last few months. It’s a relatively small game with a small map. But when I test the game the client memory usage is on average 900mb which I think is too high. The reason I got this problem is because when I made the game I didn’t know what memory leak is, and I didn’t really focus on memory usage. This is a big problem because I’ve made a lot of scripts and I don’t really know how to make the memory usage go down.
What do you want to achieve?
I want to know what you would do in my situation/how would you approach this problem. So I can fix it effectivly.

What is the issue? Include screenshots / videos if possible!
This is some screenshots of the memory usage if that helps:

What solutions have you tried so far? Did you look for solutions on the Developer Hub?
I found a page about memory leaks and how it works, but it was very hard to understand.

If you need more information about scripts and the game let me know

2 Likes

You don’t have to worry about it, memory usage mostly increase because of the map builds, not scripts.

I saw somewhere that amount of memory usage also depends of your device, high-end devices get more memory usage because they’re more powerfull, so the device allow softwares to take more memory usage so they can run them well, while low-end devices get less memory usage because they’re not enough powerfull.

As you can see, 535 / 883 of memory usage come from the core memory, which is everything handled by Roblox, so you can’t do anything about it.

The second part of memory usage come from the place memory (215) which is the game, and as you can see, most of place memory usage come from graphic texture/character(101), Gui(7) and scripts (16).

2 Likes

Thank you so much for the response, I was really worried about this since I have worked a lot on the game. :smiley:

1 Like

Also you were right about different memory usage on different devices. I just checked on my phone and it was only 600mb

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.