Help with new Roblox Chat API?

I am currently attempting to create a custom channel and use this as a way for players to chat via cellphones. The question is how do I utilize :SendAsync()? Where do I grab the players chatted message in order to pass it through the sendasync?

I’m not sure if I completely understand your question. If you are asking how to get a player’s message when they use the in-game chat, you can use the Player.Chatted event.

I want to use the new chat, and what I am trying to do is create my own channel using the new methods.
be498e2e00e36c9b5f65bffbdf355814

CanSend is already true after using :AddUserAsync(), and the TextChatService has both CreateDefaultCommands and CreateDefaultTextChannels to false, so I resulted to creating my own text channels and chat commands. However everytime I type it doesn’t show up in the chat, so I am assuming it has something to do with me having to use the :SendAsync() in order to direct which channel the chat should use by default.

Are you creating your own UI that listens to MessageReceived, OnIncomingMessage, and other TextChatService provided endpoints?

1 Like

I was attempting to use the Roblox chat box to still send messages to said channel, problem is when i type enter it does nothing, so I’m assuming its an error on my end which includes me not being able to set the default chat to a specific channel which I believe results to the chat not receiving any text because there is a missing link.