Help with playtime

Hi, I need some help with seeing why people don’t end up playing my game for that long. Most people only end up playing the game from 3-4 minutes, then leave.

2 Likes

I remember playing this game about a week ago when scrolling through the DevForum, and I can remember in some detail how it went.

I was also one of the people that played it for 3-4 minutes. The reason why, is because you (sort of) finish the game in 3-4 minutes, which is when you finish building your first computer. That is all the game has to offer, only you repeat it with more expensive parts and get more money overtime. The replay value of the game is very minimum. It is all the same steps.

To visualize, you started this game with a concept many moons ago, and you stuck to that concept, and then released the game with only that concept. You have a very strong tree trunk bit wouthout any branches and leaves attached to it. It’s a strong but very boring tree.

I suggest adding a lot more concepts to the game like minigames or interactions with working computers, definitely a better shop system (purely UI, or create a bigger store to not make it cluttery, or make the components click to buy instead of E), and a more unique map.

1 Like

what you need to make for a game like that to be more exciting is to make it be unique. A person wants to order a specific pc with those specific parts, and you need to buy those specific parts and put them together and then transport them to the person.

2 Likes

What you said about the game not having much else to do outside of building PCs is definitely true. I’m using what the other person said like you would have seen in my other post, which should hopefully add more things to do, as well as adding more concepts and progression like being able to upgrade your workshop, as well as competitive minigames with the PCs against other players or NPCs.