Help with roblox-lua-promise Error

1. What do you want to achieve?
    I am trying to fix a constant error in my output.
  2. What is the issue?
    I keep getting this warning in my output whenever I go into roblox studio and play a game, no matter which game it is.

When I try to locate the script in the explorer, it comes out to be a module script called roblox-lua-promise (which only works while the game is running). When I try to delete it, it ends up re-implementing itself into the code. I’m just worried it is some kind of virus or something of that manner.
  3. What solutions have you tried so far?
    I’ve looked a little bit around the web, and have found that people receive similar warnings when messing around with SocialService. The issue is, i’d never heard about this service before today.

Any help would be much appreciated!

4 Likes

Could it be a plugin causing this?

1 Like

This is used in the lua-side core of the roblox client (like coregui/packages). It is made by Evaera and is completely safe.

This error is just saying “hey this error hasn’t be caught and probably should be”. It’s in a function attempting to grab the name of the game.

1 Like

Oh alright, thanks! Do you know if there would be any way to stop it from occurring? I hate having errors in the output haha

1 Like

You can’t edit Roblox Core Scripts so I don’t think there’s a way to fix this. Also it’s just a warning, not an error.

1 Like

It is in fact error caught by promise.

1 Like

I’m guessing this error is raised in studio in an unpublished place given it can’t retrieve game info.

Does this occur in a live game or just studio?

Next time please search for awnsers.
The devforum is flooded by this right now.