Help with Server List functionality

Hi there, I am trying to create a Server List functionality in my game.
There are a few problems I’d like to address:

• I want to be able to list all running game instances for my place in a gui
  • I want to be able to get data on a specific game instance (player count, region, etc)
  • I want to make a textbox that can search all of the servers for a specific player and then use TeleportService to teleport the LocalPlayer into the same server as that specific player.

I plan for my serverlist to hopefully be similar to the popular game Criminality by @RVVZ and his incredible team.

Screenshot as to what I’m talking about since Criminality is a paid-access game:

I would love to recreate something similar to this as I’m making a fighting game and I think it would be advantageous to my players to be able to see what different servers there are including their playercount, region, and also the ability to join their friends through a textbox.

I guess this might have something to do with MessagingService and TeleportService but I wouldn’t know how to do that, so thats why I need your help.
Any help/ideas will be greatly appreciated on my end.
Thanks!

7 Likes

I think this will help you:

4 Likes

I’ll try the tutorial, thanks!

Has anyone figured out how to add places inside the experience to this tutorial @Arthur_Grandwell has showed us?

You make places in a game universe with the Asset Manager.

I figured something out, thanks though!